Episode 21 - Full Circle

The suffocating air of the police station pressed against your skin, anxiety seeping into your every pore.

Two weeks had passed since that tumultuous night, and your world had twisted into a knot of uncertainty. Jungkook, the person you had fought so hard to protect, was now behind bars, the cold metal grates separating him from the life he knew.

As you waited in theroom, your eyes flickered nervously toward the interrogation rooms. Jungkook was in there, navigating the maze of questions, each word a potential trap.

The door swung open, a uniformed officer emerging with a disinterested gaze. "Your turn," he muttered.

You stood, your legs wobbly beneath you. The air-conditioning bit at your skin, but the cold couldn't quench the heat coursing through your veins.

Jungkook sat on one side, his eyes heavy with the weight of the ordeal. As you took the seat opposite him, you felt a peculiar mix of relief and anxiety.

Jungkook's eyes met yours, a silent exchange of understanding. You were in this together.

The detective, a stern-faced man with graying temples, cleared his throat. "Let's start from the beginning," he said, his voice devoid of empathy.

And so, the tale unfolded. You spoke of the clandestine recordings, the hidden files, and the convoluted world of the Serpents. Jungkook's gaze never wavered from you, a silent reassurance that echoed louder than words.

The detective probed, dissecting every nuance of your story, searching for inconsistencies like a vulture hunting for prey. The questions were relentless, the hours stretching into an agonizing blur.

Yet, there was a strange unity in your narrative and Jungkook's. Each word, each detail, clicked into place like the tumblers of a lock. The lawyers representing Namjoon fought back, throwing legal jargon like daggers, but this time, there was something different.

The evidence was overwhelming-files, records, the remnants of a destroyed factory. The Serpents' elaborate web was unraveled, threads of guilt leading straight to Namjoon and his father.

As the interrogation progressed, news filtered through that Namjoon couldn't be bailed out.

The system, for once, held its ground against the influence of the Serpents. It was a small victory, but in this uphill battle, any respite felt like a triumph.

The detective, sensing the exhaustion etched on your faces, finally relented. "That's enough for today. We'll be in touch."

As they led Jungkook away, hand in a restraining grip, you met his gaze again. This time, the unspoken message was clear: hold on. We'll weather this storm, together. The clang of the cell door echoed in your ears, a harsh punctuation mark to your ordeal.

****
—Jungkook's POV —

In the dimly lit cell, the harsh reality of the steel bars seemed to close in on Jungkook. His thoughts, however, were not confined within those walls.

they were with Y/N, the person who had become the heartbeat of his purpose. He had made Jimin swear to protect her, a promise that echoed in his mind as he sat alone in the silence of the cell.

The raw feeling of missing someone, of yearning for their safety, was a new sensation for Jungkook. Yet, paradoxically, it made him feel alive, as if the void left in his absence was evidence of a connection that surpassed the tangible world.

His contemplation was abruptly shattered by an unsettling feeling-a presence behind him. His instincts, sharpened by the turbulent events of recent days, kicked in immediately. With a swift turn, he faced the threat.