Episode 22 - Loose Ends

"Namjoon, the defendant's son, has been killed in jail," the man revealed, his words hanging heavy in the air. Gasps echoed through the courtroom. The boss, Namjoon's father, stood frozen, disbelief etched across his face.

"He had many enemies, and it seems they caught up with him," you heard whispers

The boss's eyes widened, pupils dilating in shock and disbelief. His mouth opened, but no words escaped at first, as if grappling with the enormity of the revelation.

Namjoon, his son and heir, was dead. The air in the courtroom thickened with tension as the boss's gaze landed on Jungkook, the one he had once trusted.

"That can't be true," he muttered, his voice a low growl, a primal sound of anguish. The weight of his grief seemed to press on his shoulders, making every step toward Jungkook more deliberate, more menacing.

"You were supposed to be a loyal dog," he spat the words, each syllable dripping with venom. "A faithful servant, not a traitor!"

His face contorted with rage, the boss approached Jungkook with a speed that defied his age. His eyes, now blazing with fury, bore into Jungkook's, accusing him of the betrayal that had ripped his world apart.

"You should die for this," he roared, a guttural sound echoing through the courtroom. The shock that had momentarily silenced the room was replaced by the volatile energy of impending violence

But before his frame could reach the Jungkook , two officers slammed into him with the precision of a well-rehearsed tackle.

The man growled in anger that tore from his throat as the officers wrestled him to the ground. They held him down.

Yet, even pinned, Kim's voice continued its venomous tirade

"I raised you!"

"Made you more than the gutter rat you were! And this is how you repay me?"

"You think you're tough? You ain't seen nothin' yet. I built this city, brick by goddamn brick, and I'll tear it all down just to see you rot in the gutter. You and that little b*tch you call yours."

A cruel smile twisted his lips. "She'll be first one I'll tear apart! You'll beg for mercy, boy, but I won't offer it. You'll see your world crumble, piece by piece, until you're left with nothin' but ashes and regret."

The judge banged his gavel with enough force to silence the room. "Order! This court is adjourned! Mr. Kim, be removed and held until further notice. We shall reconvene to determine a next date for judgment."

***

Four days had bled into each other, a blur of sleepless nights and gnawing apprehension. Namjoon's death still hung heavy, a surreal shadow obscuring the courtroom lights.

But through it all, one hope had fueled your every breath – justice.

The procecutor highlighted the recent outburst by Kim during the trial further highlighted the lack of remorse and the dangerous nature of the man.

The judge's stern voice cut through the room, "After careful consideration of the evidence presented, it is the decision of this court to sentence Mr Kim to death."

Gasps erupted from the gallery, and you couldn't help but let out a breath you didn't realize you were holding.

Relief washed over you, tears welled up in your eyes. Justice was finally served, and the man responsible for this chaos would pay the ultimate price.

As Kim was escorted out of the courtroom, seeing his lash out being unable to do anything, brought a sense of closure began to settle within you.

The nightmare that had haunted your every waking moment was finally ending. However, your attention shifted to Jungkook, who was now the center of the storm.