Valentines! You Struggle To Confess To Tamaki [M/F/NB Reader]

You've been in the same classes as Tamaki for years now. For as long as you'd know him, he's always been shy. But recently, he's been especially shy to you. Normally, you wouldn't mind it. But with Valentine's coming up, you wanna confess to him, fast! But unfortunately for you...

"He's been avoiding me like the plague," you said to Nejire, slumped over your desk in defeat.

"Oh, Y/N... That's not true," she tried to reassure you.

"He left for the Nurse's office early in P.E., he's been the last to come in and first to leave for all of our other classes... I can't even find him for lunch..." you sulked.

"Tamaki just gets nervous around social holidays," Nejire explained. (It was mostly true anyway.)

"At this rate I'll never be able to give him these chocolates..." you sighed, holding your cute little gift bag.

"There, there..." Nejire comforted.

- Meanwhile, outside. -

"There-there, Tamaki," Mirio smiled as he patted Tamaki on the back. The two were hanging out at a secluded location on campus for lunch.

Poor Tamaki was exhausted. He had been trying to avoid the Valentine's rush all day. Every year he could barely handle the variety of intense emotions all around him: 1) The anxiety of the hopeful and the bold, 2) The loud excitement of many, 3) Annoyance of others, 4) Sadness of some. And that's just to name a few.

Valentine's Day was always intense for Tamaki, but this year had a challenge bigger than any other. Truth is, Tamaki liked you. You made his heart pound, his palms sweat, and just affected his focus more than this day normally would. But would you give him chocolates? If so, what kind? What if you didn't give him any?

Tamaki decided it would be better to avoid the day all-together... to the best of his abilities. If there's no chance for you two to come together that day, then there's no chance for heartbreak or disappointment right?

"D..damn pressures of Valentine's Day..." he whispered to himself.

"Wouldn't it be easier to get it off your chest?" Mirio reassured.

"N-no... D-definitely not..." Tamaki responded, head hanging low. His head started to race with worried thoughts relating to you, the same worries as before, but more vivid. What if he lingered and you gave him a disgusted look for expecting something? What if you had chocolates for someone else? What if he confessed and you rejected him? It was all too much. Choosing to wear his hoodie over his uniform today, Tamaki pulled his hood over his head. "I'll just need to be stealthy for the rest of the day.. I just need to get by like usual, that's all."

Finally, it got to your last class of the day...

While your gaze fixated on Tamaki, your hand kept checking your bag as you anxiously waited to give Tamaki his chocolates and confess your feelings.

Soon, the teacher asked you a question. You snapped out of your trance and answered. For some reason, that interruption helped snap you out of your anxious love frenzy.

When Tamaki was called on to answer another question, your attention looked at him a different way. No longer had you felt the same rush of pressure as before. Rather, you felt like you had before this Valentine's season.

You could barely see his face between his hood and long hair, but the little you could see made your heart race in a familiar way. Tamaki was sweet, polite, smart, courageous, and had a remarkable smile and way of making you feel warm and cozy inside. Rather than feeling your blood rushing, you felt a pink tint tickle your cheeks and a smile come across your face. It was the beautiful, sweet, pure and unpressured feeling of love.

"Tamaki!" You declared, standing up in the moment of your emotions. His eyes widened as they quickly met yours. You smiled heartwarmingly towards him, "I like you."

Ding. Dong. Ding. Dong...

The final bell... Oh shit..

Your face became beet red as your eyes slowly looked around at your classmates, and then to the front to your teacher. Many found it cute, including the instructor - who let it slide.

"Well, if you haven't already done so, take your chance," he said. "Class dismissed!"

Still as red as a cherry, you grabbed your stuff and ran passed Tamaki, tossing him a little baggie on your way out. "T-these are love chocolates! Okay, bye!"

You mostly felt embarrassed for being so bashful, but you did it! You confessed your feelings! ...eeeeven if you didn't stick around to hear his response.

You quickly got to the first floor and changed into your outside shoes. Speed walking towards the school gates, you were stopped by... Tamaki?!

It caused a bit of a scene, coming down from the classroom's window using wings from his quirk. All of a sudden, you were the shy one wanting to shrink away. "T-Tamaki..?" you stuttered.

"I like you too..." he said, giving you a sweet kiss on the lips. His face became red as he pulled away. "I-I'm so sorry! I should've asked before doing that..!! Oh my.. oh my.."

Some awwwws and oooooohs could be heard from students around, making both of you more embarrassed.

"I..It's fine!" you stated, grabbing his hand and pulling him with you. "L-let's just go..!!"

After that, you and Tamaki went right to a cafe to catch your breath and talk more about your feelings [First date, awww!]. You got even closer and probably shared some more kisses on your slow walk home.

—————————

Happy Valentine's Day, ya'll!
I hope you have a good day at school or work. Whatever you do this day, have fun and know that you are loved <3