𝟢𝟣𝟦, 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗍𝗈𝗈

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄   /   𝗏𝗈𝗅𝗎𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄 / 𝗏𝗈𝗅𝗎𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾.
chapter fourteen, want that too
𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾

CHARLOTTE HADN'T HEARD from Dylan in over eight months. She hadn't communicated with him since before her albums were released, and he hadn't messages her since the tour. It's been months since she's heard his name, nonetheless seen his face, and now he texts her?

Of course, he would, because... well, why wouldn't he?

He saw she was happy. She was living her life and not obsessing about him alone in her room while the world continued to spin. He saw she finally had something good in her life and just like everything else... he wanted to ruin that for her.

Charlotte can't even bare to look at the notification. She can't bare to see his name on her phone screen or his picture smiling back at her. God, she used to love that picture.

The picture she had snapped during a FaceTime call while she was visiting home. She used to love him and every interaction she had with him--even if it was over a phone screen. Now, she could barely even bare the thought of him.

The brunette was perched in the corner of her couch, staring at the message while popcorn popped softly in the background. It was late at night, but the three roommates were wide awake.

Jordan was in the kitchen, switching out the freshly popped bag for a new one and Olivia sat beside her sister, scrolling on the television until she found exactly what she was looking for.

Sam and Colby released the Mizpah video today, and Jordan was desperate to watch it with them. She had been talking about it all week, repeatedly begging the question of when they planned on releasing it. Sam texted the girls' a few days ago explaining they were finishing editing it and it would be out shortly. Last night, they received the text with the exact date and time.

Now, the three were about to make a night-in of watching the hour long video.

Jordan plops down in between the two girls, each hold holding a bowl of popcorn. She places one in between herself and each girl, before she notices Charlotte chewing on her acrylic nail while her eyes burns holes into her phone screen. "You okay, Char?"

Charlotte's head turns toward the blonde, but her mind takes a moment to process the question. "Oh, uh, yeah. No, I'm fine."

Olivia leans forward, looking at her sister. "Woah. What's going on?"

Shaking her head, Charlotte dismisses them. "Nothing. It's not a big deal."

"What is it?" Jordan presses.

Taking a heavy breathe, Charlotte lets out a squeaked, "Dylan texted me."

In unison, Jordan and Olivia's eyes both go wide. "What?" Jordan asks in an ear-pricing octave, earning a slight wince from the two sisters. "Sorry. But, are you kidding?"