𝟢𝟢𝟫, 𝗌𝗉𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗎𝗉

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄   /   𝗏𝗈𝗅𝗎𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾

chapter nine, splitting up
𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾

THE GROUP HAD MADE IT back upstairs to their rooms with the plans to have another investigation, but before they could, the door handle in the hallway started moving, opening and closing a few times. They were all gathered in one room, Colby peering out from the door while Sam pulled out the camera.

"What the fuck is that? Someone just opened and closed the door and didn't come out?"

Sam creeps to the door and Amanda steps past him, looking around the outside hallway. "There's no one out here."

Charlotte and Olivia rise to their feet. Charlotte stands up too quickly, a rush going to her head and she nearly tips over. Olivia grabs her waist to stabilize her.

Slowly, they continued to inch out of the room, both of them hiding behind Colby. "The door's just opening and closing?"

Colby looks over at him. "Dude, that happened three times before we turned on the camera."

Behind them, it happens again, earning head turns from everyone. "You would expect someone to come out, right? If they're opening and closing and doing all the locks."

"Hello?" Olivia moves forward, asking barely loud enough for someone—if anyone, to hear.

"Who the fuck just stands there and jiggles their handle from the inside?" Colby asks.

Charlotte peers at her Apple Watch. "At 12:00. Exactly."

"No one does that." Sam says. The group talks about it a little bit more before they all decide to split up into the three rooms, attempting to catch their own activity. "We are on the fifth floor. We have decided we're actually gonna split up into three groups. Mackie and Amanda, you guys can take the big room."

"The Red Lady's Room?" Amanda asks.

Sam shrugs. "Yeah, I don't want it."

"That's you guys' room! If anyone should have it, it's you guys." Charlotte says, looking between Sam and Colby.

"Colby and I are going to take this room. Then, you and Liv will be in that one over there." Sam explains. "We'll each take fifteen minutes, see what we can capture and then we'll come back for our final investigation."

"Dude, like no joke, I feel— like I'm not even kidding, like off camera— I kinda feel nauseous right now."

Charlotte nods. "No, me too. Like, bad. I literally nearly feel over when I got up from the bed earlier."

Olivia nods. "Yeah, I literally had to catch her."

Mackie and Amanda both nod in agreement. "I felt nauseous, like, when we were in the conference room. I almost got up and was like 'I'm gonna go vomit.'"