𝟢𝟣𝟨, 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗒 𝖾𝗇𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗋𝖾𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗒

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄   /   𝗏𝗈𝗅𝗎𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾

chapter sixteen, happy enchanted release day
𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾 && 𝗂𝗇𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗆

THE RELEASE PARTY for "enchanted" had been an event Charlotte had been planning since she announced the song weeks ago.

She wanted to have a chance to have the people closest to her celebrating a song that meant so much to her. She valued that song like it was her baby, because she felt like it was. And as stupid as it sounds, that song held an emotion that was so delicate to her. And emotion she wanted to continue to feel.

Charlotte had been wondering around the venue all night, greeting and mingling with people for the past few hours since everyone arrived. She would only stay in one place for a few minutes at a time before moving onto the next person, thanking them for coming.

As the clock neared midnight, she took to the stage with a glass of champagne. She stood on stage, speaking into the microphone, earning everyone's attention and eyes on her. "All right. Well, thank you everyone for coming. It really means a lot."

Everyone claps and cheers for the girl, making the corners of her mouth turn up.

"Uhm... well, before we get into the actual song, I just want to take a little bit of time to really thank you guys." Charlotte says. "Enchanted means so, so much to me, and to have everyone whom I care about here to celebrate it really means a lot." A few people whistle and shout for her.

"You know, I had been having a really hard time to find my voice again after getting back from tour and I was kinda getting ready to go on a hiatus..." Charlotte laughs awkwardly. "...but then I met some pretty cool people and..."

She falters for a moment, her eyes scanning the crowd before she lands on Colby's shadowy figure toward the back. He has a drink in his hand and a smile on his face while he stands next to Sam and his girlfriend, Katrina. "...well, things started looking up."

"The lyrics for 'enchanted' came to me in an epiphany and it struck me in a way no song ever has. The lyrics and the true meaning of the song really mean so much to me. When I wrote it, it was like a new beginning and a new opportunity to finally feel again. It just... you know what? Never mind. I could go on and on, but I think everyone is really just here to hear the song so, here we go. Thank you again for coming, everyone."

Applause erupts for the girl again as she steps off the stage, moving over to her sister and Jordan as they stand at the end of the stage. The screen behind the stage lights up with a countdown, counting down to midnight when the song is officially released.