Chap. 1 I Am Alone Now In The City or Not?

I woke up, staring into the night sky, it seems that I am in a public park, for there is a park bench nearby. I don't seem to remember much of my past except my name, which I will try not to tell anyone, it is the only thing I have left.

I went to the bench and sat down. A policeman walks over to me and says, it is past curfew, especially for one of your age. I look at the man, he is wearing a clean uniform, a gun at his belt, and a Taser on the left side of the belt.

I realize that I wont be able to get out of whatever punishment the guy will give me. I notice that he seems not to care that I am out and about so late, but it seems to him to be one of the few things that will fill his time. The cop takes a look around the park, as if to make sure we were alone. I study him when he takes a gander at our surroundings, and I am still sitting at the bench.

I notice that I am wearing a backpack, when I move it seems to have something heavy in the bottom of the bag. I think about looking into it but I dont really want to at the moment.

It is strange when I try to get up and walk that the world seems to flip and flop, I cant grasp gravity for now, so i think about it, I had woken up, in a large park, with a bag, and I cant walk straight, am I a drunk? Why would I go to the park if I was drunk? was I drugged? what was wrong with me?

I look the the officer, he said, "you seem to have had a rough night, would you like to take a walk with me?" 

"I don't really know if I want to." I said, quietly and thoughtfully I try to peer into the bag, to make sure it isn't full of unwanted substances.

The officer said, "I am policeman Derreck Crowell, I believe you are out past curfew, and that you may be drunk," 

I said, in a mumble,"I am perfectly fine officer Derick" 

He said, "It's Derreck, or Mr. Crowell"

with a sigh, I looked up at him, he held out his hand, and said,"I should bring you down to the department."

I said,"never the popo," I don't really know why I said that, but when I did the officer widened his eyes, and stared at me for a second long before mumbling,

"another drunk orphan"

I looked up real quick and tried to say something, but felt a growing pain in the back of my head, and  with my vision getting clouded, I stop abruptly from saying anything, I looked into the backpack behind me, and saw something metal, which I then feinted from the pain and what I saw.

******

I woke again in an office like area, head heavy, I try to look around and felt that headache come back from the bottom of my neck. I think that Derreck actually brought me to the station, I look around for a hint of where this station was, and I saw a nameplate with the words: State Officer Derreck Cowell of New York.

I try to leave the office and I get right outside the door, I see Derreck looking at a bundle of papers in his arm, I bolt through the offices, which were mostly empty at whatever this dark hour is. I hear a few shouts of "Hey slow down" and "Get back here" I also heard someone yell,"Go Yankees", which would be strange anywhere, except when I looked in one particularly loud office that I ran past, which seemed to have some sort of game on the television.

(edit more later)

I look back at the windowsill and think of all the other orphans that get left at this crummy building. I have to leave, to grow. Even though I am sorry that I have to leave them. I cannot get discovered no mater how much I wish to stay. I say good bye mumbling "I wish thee luck".

And so I pried the window open like I usually did every night, but Tonite was different, I am leaving, for good.
So I have always hidden from my name. I can't tell it to you, nor can I tell it to other people.
I have to hid like I always do. So I climb down the drain pipe to get to ground level since the dorm room is upstairs, even though I can never, for any reason, take off my backpack, even for sleep, because of my secrets, even though I hate secrets kept from me, I know I am a bit of a hypocrite when it comes down to it. But I do what I do to survive.
I get to the ground floor and look around for the homeless man that usually accompanies me to the underground black market, he is a strange fellow who always seems to know everything, but actually is a secret keeper, which are hard to find with all the blabermouths nowadays. I find him at the very end of the allyway. He looks like a scate boarder, with a beany, a coatlike shirt, cloves, and jeans, he actually looks like a kind man, he is only about tweny one or so. He actually likes to keep all information to himself, except for when it was absolutely worth it.

He looks me up and down and he says,

"where u going? U normally don't stay overnight, besides I thought they thought you had run away last time" he said.

I said, "yeah, but it is different this time. I actauly do wanna leave instead of being trapped out in The underground."

He looks at me, all 4 feet of me, and says, "looks like u really planned it out this time." I smile, remembering last time. I got shot at last time, which I am not proud to say that I got hit once in the arm, I had to heal for a while so I went with Jim to go to the black market healing station, which they seem to sell just about anything, from organs to metal implants for a slave or worker.
Every once in a while you will find a crazy old gezzer try to sell elephant tusks, I mean, I know I live in new York, but where the heck do they get that crazy stuff.
Anyway, I look at Jim and ask for him to get me a ride, he came up with one and said that if I ever need anything and he said and meant, ANYTHING, including protection, to call him, he handed me a phone, and ran down the main street using his power to run down the allyway walls.

Yeah, walls, he is a walker, as I like to call him, I know his name is Jim, but I like to give him nick names untill he becomes irritated, which was about a week admfter we met.

So i turn to the driver, who seems to be a small man who is going balled, that was pretty much all I paid attention to, and told him to go to gleebend springs, which was a town that nobody seems to knwo, and so I ask instead, for the non-black market name: strumsprings, the man seems to be having a moment of confusion and says "are you sure? Are you sure you wanna go strumsprings young man? Because there is no coming back without another ride." I look him into his big green rimmed gold eyes and I say,"I am sure that I want to locate there" and so he nodds and says, "you should never try to get into trouble there, try not to ask for directions, and if anything happens while your there, I wouldn't count on any hell except for that friend Jim of yours, " and then he starts up the car and says I will be darned that is a place I haven't been to in a long time."

Then he presses a few bottons on his dashboard and says "here we go"
And he pulls a lever and then I start to feel sick like I am shooting through a toob of toothpaste then swallowswallowed by a piranha then stomped on by a heavey weight champion.

I seemed to have fallen unconscious but he says," were here", and I look out the window and say,"but strumsprings is in one of the farthest and hardest places to get to plus on a different continent, how?" He seems startled by my outbrust and says"well you shouldnt be shocked lad, after all I used to drive ur parents around with power too." And after that he springs a lever in the cab which pushes me out of it and slams the door shut, then the man looks and me and says,"sorry about what happened". Then he looks forward and seems to compose himself and then drives off into the wind. Literally.

I know, its weird, but I have a power too.
I hate using it because when I do, people seem to get hurt, except those that also have power, which don't usually seem to care about anything. I usually care too much. And get heart broken, but that's for anothr time and place, I bottle up my emotions and stand and look around, I see a larger man who had past by me and didn't seem to be buisy so I walk up to him and say, "hey sir, can u direct me to palope's house" he turns and starts to walk back to me and he grabs my throat, startled I bend back into my power, which turns anything touching me to steel or whatever I wish to metal, and right now I wish I wasn't dead. He looks and me and the guy smiles up into my face, I look back and see that he has three eyes.