Chap. 3 Smiling Isn't The Best Thing For Us

So I look at him and he said,
"Well, they aren't home, I was wishing to buy more of their congle juices",

" oh, well have u seen anyone leaving the place? On land or by air?",

He said "no,but I did see one of his competeing companies go past me in a hurry,"

I said,"what did he look like?"

He skratched his chin and said,
"Well...  he... looked like a girl version of you."

I had wanted to ignore that tidbit, since I do have a twin, only other I remember, long story.
"I haven't seen anyone like me for a long time, are you sure?" I said.

He starts walking toward the house, and said "pretty sure"

I join him and  put my backpack on and started to catch up to him he said, "you real short for on of the tingles famiy."

I stop abruptly, and said with a curiosity of a five year old, "when did you learn of that, or did you know my father, who are you? what is your name!?"

he looks started as if he didn't realize that I would be lashing out, but I did again with caution feeling the tension from the giant of a man, and said, "Do you really know my origins...?"

he seemed to be loosening himself up,  his tension almost disappeared you wouldn't have even noticed he was tense in the first place had he also changed his facial expression. he sighed, and he said, "kid, I would know you anywhere, I am your Godfather,"

I shocked I said, "but they are dead, they don't live long anyway, since they were supposedly gerbils"

he laughed and said in response "well, some people thought we were, but you mom died giving birth to twins, so I thought that I could catch your sister before she killed the Penelope's."

I laugh and said, "well great job you did,"

he laughed, and said looking at me, "well you too are both a handful to even try to catch up to, why is your sister after them anyways?"

we reached the house front, he knocked, I realize I don't even know his name, so I am now trying to figure him out since I already knew my mom was supposedly dead, and she supposedly gave birth to me around ten years ago, that I am now turning ten around this time this year, and I didn't want to be retrieved for the death games, which is where mutants go to bet, battle, die, and even become really and exponentially rich, rich humans go there, some people call it the underground stock market. where one can bet on another to win a fight, but I do not want to kill or be killed.

I start to pale as he walks to the living room of the Penelope house, and he sits down like he is Penelope or even the owner of the house.

I look around the place and see that  there are a few pictures of a younger generation, like the Penelope's were grandparents or possible just parents since they have just a few. I see a fire place with a metal grate but still burning with logs, like they were here recently.

I start to say, "are you..."

but the three eyed man says, "i believe....  no you can go first."

so I say again, "Are you related to the Penelope's?"

he laughs like he knew the answer which is obvious to him but it seems to escape me what he is laughing about,"

he quiets down and takes a drink of the water on the couch table beside his seat, and says to me,

"young man, I am Mr. Penelope, your godfather, I believe someone paid you to find me and then you can go on your way once you have what you want, am I correct?"