Chp. 5 A Nifty Ride to Québec

So I flew up to the aircraf t and hooked up to the plane tail and strapped in for where ever this metal beast is going. I had rapped my backpack to the front of chest to make sure I had the best possible amount of agility for my wings. the wings can get heavy depending on how I feel. if I am happy they are light, when I am sad they are heavy. if I am angry they seem to get bigger and stronger. when I am tired of the world and everything in it, they can curl around me and help me recuperate my feelings, which outside of my wings, when I am like that the wings look like a metal trash can.

so I hitch a ride a place I guess, I start to drift into my thoughts. because of that I start to doze off also.

******

I hear a loud *abbbrrr abrrrr* and the plane lands. I wonder where I went off to, and where I am. I also think back to my disagreement with my mean family. they are killers, I keep telling myself, your not like them.

but I am, I killed in self defense, yeah, but it still wasn't right. every time I remember what happened that night in the dark ally I start to feel my wings getting heavy. I put the backpack on and slide down the airplane onto a wing, then I jump off onto a luggage rotary ting that bring the bags from inside the plane and puts it onto miniature cars that have many trailers attached. and I hitch a ride by ducking down behind some of the luggage. I get off as fast as I am allowed to when I hit a secluded area, which wasn't really secluded. I pull my backpack off and grab the extra pair of closes and put them over my normal ones, It is freezing wherever I am now. I hope it isn't near the north pole, I think to myself.

I start walking off to a door to get to the outside, yeah its freezing inside, I decide to try to get out through the main entrance/exit place and look up and see a totally different language I haven't been around, ever. and I get out side and ask someone where I can get a place to rest, they look amused and say,

"well, you see sir, I don't have good English but I can point to you a hotel",

which he gives me the address but there was a weird accent to his voice, like.... French?

I really hope I didn't get too far away from America, I think to myself. I start walking to the hotel.

I arrive and ask the cashier lady at the front desk, "where am I?"

she looks up from a book she was reading and

she says, "un autre Américain," she holds her finger up, and turns and looks at the man seated next to her and said to him,

"s'il vous plaît faire face à l'Américain" he looks up from the front computer and they both get up and he says to me, "what can I do for you, Mr. um...."

"Mr. Paolo, good sir" I say. I guess if I want to I can make a new identity for myself, and he says,

"Mr., Paolo do you want to pay in cash or credit?" I tell him cash and he says what floor would I like, I tell him the second floor, and the q and a goes on for about ten minutes before he says the price and

he looks up from the computer and says, "do you have any questions about anything, Mr. Paolo?"

I answer almost right away with, "yes, where am I?"

he looks at me like I just died and he says, "you are in Quebec, the Canadian capitol city."

I start to turn ash white and he said, "are you okay sir? sir?"

I answer back, "yes, yes, I am fine, just got a little light headed that's all, I haven't been here since my childhood"

he nods and tell me, "so second floor, number 29 at the end of the hall." as he handed me the room key. I adjust my backpack and say "thanks Mr. Audrey"

which was what I had found out from all of the talking I did with him. he said," anytime".

I wish I could have told him the truth to whatever I want figured out. I need to set up a new life, I cant count on any of the underground to get me new passports or anything. heck, I don't even know where the underground is at in Quebec. so I go to the second floor using the stairs and get to my room and enter my key card into the door, It flashes red, I turn the card over and try again, same thing happen the key cad slot blinks red, I turn it over and try it a new way, it lets me into the room.

I say, "yes," silently to myself. am I the only one with hotel keycard problems? I ask myself.

and I keep the backpack on, I never know if they installed a camera or even a microphone on the inside of the room or even if it is safe to speak so I turn the TV on which is actually not the brightest idea, because I never find a English language on any of the channels. I take a quick shower, which has me relaxed and ready for another day to travel tomorrow. so I get dressed and head back into my room and tighten the strap on my backpack and lay down in one of the beds.

I think to myself before I fall asleep, I wonder what tomorrow will bring.