Chap. 7 Mr. Target's office meet and Greet

I watched Target take the keys from Hailey and he started to walk away as he said goodbye. I just watched what I thought was a High Criminal having a crush on a normal gal.

I joined Target as he walked away and we walked in silence. Our feet echoed on the tile floor till we reached the elevator. Target put his key into the elevator keyhole and he looked around as if to make sure that nobody was watching or even paying attention.

Target turned the key and he looked at me and said, "you might want to hold onto something."

the elevator doors closed and I did as he had told me and I held onto the bar in the wall, and the elevator started to feel like the gravity was shut off and the floor came up at me.

i hit my head on the floor and fell unconscious, the next moment i was woken up by target,

He shook me and said,"were here sleepy head, now get your butt off my floor."

I started to move, but I felt like I was hit by a train so I very slowly, and with a lot of aches and pains, got off of the floor. I looked around and saw that we had landed to a different floor, the elevator had stopped at a very high, extremely clear floor in the building. I walked with target and I decided to ask him what floor we're on, but he said,

"we aren't low enough to be on earth anymore. we went to a different dimension, my dimension, if you will. I have finallyy found a way for me to get back to the home dimension, the elevator is like a portal"

I looked through the floor, since it was indeed clear, and saw what looks like a greener earth, one that hasn't been corrupted by human machines, and human thought. I asked target a question that I will never regret, and never forget,

"Target, what do you call this place and how far above land are we?"

He looked at me and said, "well, young man, I want to call this place the Orion, but others would like to call it something else, anyway, I want to give you one of the few keys to get to this new dimension, and don't you dare loose the key, I will find you personally and take it back, just as I had to take it back from your sister."

I halted abruptly and Target looked down, he said,"you do know that your sister is an ignorant thief, right? she never knew what she stole, only what it was worth to certain rich groups, I am sorry that you had to suffer for her mistakes, we should continue, we are almost to the tranfers"

"Transfers?" I asked

He seemed to cheer up when I asked him, he said,"yeah, we have had to bring others of your kind, that is why they people started thinking they had died off, but really they are the few creatures that can live on this planet, we have tried others, but they seemed to hate it."

I started thinking about which ones disappeared and I realized that my sister would have been a candidate, Target cleared his throat and said,

"well she tried to steal from me, she has had no availability to be a candidate since she isn't qualified."

I smiled at the thought. Target handed me the key and said it will burn you so put it on your wrist whichever hand you want it will burn both of them, but it will grant you access to this world, so please be careful not to be low to the ground when you change dimension, or you could go from a valley into a mountain, so please be careful in that sense."

I just nodded knowing that he can read my thoughts. I realize that he is giving me a chance at a new go around without my past blocking me, and no reminders of the boy I had killed.

we got the end of a long hallway and Target opened the door, where we were greeted with empty bed and a few people, most of them with their wings out, they all turned and stared at me and Target, he looked at one of the few that didn't have wings and he told the man,

"That's the last one, we can now dis-end. Come guys you all know the drill,"

Everyone in the room moved the bunks to the edges of the room and got some of them tied down to something on the wall, some of the others started pulling at the floor and it looked like ski boards were attached to the floor, which then the guys and girls all started strapping their feet in.

I did as they did, I watched one in particular, a guy that seemed to know what he was doing, and when they finished strapping in they pushed a button on the wall he leaned into the wall and said,

"ready in five."

I watched him lengthen his wings, so I pulled the backpack off, the guy which I kept hearing his name being called, which was Thai, looked at me and said,

"Hey New kid, These are hover boards, to make sure we make it down safely, have you ever boarded before?"

I told him,"Nah, i usually use my wings to fly not boards,"

He laughed like I just shared with him an inside joke.

I started to feel the room vibrate, Thai yelled,"WERE ABOUT TO DISENGAGE"

I started to feel panic, I put the Key on my right wrist, it felt like I was being ripped apart, from one arm to the other, and then the pain slowed down to a throb, the key seemed to be burning me from the metal, Thai, looked over at me and said,

"Why you turnin' green newbie?"

I just laughed and said,"I have never done this before, have you?"

He smiled and said, "never, but we have trained for it for almost a year now, Target has been looking for one more guy that could be trusted."

The floor looked like it could collapse on me, then Target entered the room and he took a the last bit of what looked like a sandwich, which if I did eat I may throw up after whatever I am about to go through.

Target looks over at Thai and tells him, "protect this guy, he will be a new leader for this world."

Thai takes what he has said with a lightness, to where I think that he wanted to be the leader of this new discovery. 

I look over at him, ask him, "whats gonna happen next?"

Target answers instead and tells me, "The floor will fall, you may use your wings, but do not open them until you are clear of everyone else, you will be leading where we land, so be careful to land on at least some land mass, they will all follow you without any want to protect themselves. "they are dangerous to their enemies not you, they will think of you as king. Here, Take this helmet Charlie"

At that last part, he hands me a helmet with wings designed onto the sides and he looks into my eyes and he tells me "this helmet is your communication to everyone in the room, including me, make sure you never loose this helmet, try not to take it off,"

I nod and put the helmet on, I start to listen for anything, but I look at target and he puts a different helmet on, one that had the image of an eye on the front. 

target looks at me and tells me what the symbols on the helmets mean and why we are the only ones going to the surface and a I can.

The floor seemed to rock under my feet, I look around the inside of the room and see that everyone but me is putting on gloves that are by their feet and I look down at my feet and see that I also have Gloves, a backpack, a flashlight, a belt with what looks like attachments for the flashlight, a water bottle and the gloves, I put the belt and gloves on, and I reach for the backpack and I look over at Target, he is one of the few that has almost a completely different set of objects by his feet.

He has almost everything on also but the backpack, the only thing similar. but instead he puts the backpack opposite of the normal, which to say is backwards. So I start to follow by his example and put the pack on my front.

1473 words

--------

Please

-vote

-comment

-follow

-critique

-advise

Thanks for reading my story, comment if you want me to post other stories that I write.