Chapter six: preparations.

the sun rose and morning came along, sunny and her friends were awoken by the sound of Timberwolves howling in the distance. Sunny yawned and sat up, "come on, we should pack up." She said, rubbing her eyes. "Ughhhhh it's too early, just five *yawn*  more minutes..." pip groaned sleepily. "We really need to start heading back to maretime bay, there's timberwolves out here. And we need to get ready to defeat Bloodmoon glow." Zip said as she tightened her saddle bag. Pip begrudgingly got up, and removed her sleeping mask, which she put in her bag. They all packed up, and started walking back to maretime bay. They walked for an hour, and finally saw the crystal brighthouse in the distance, its rainbow light shooting into the sky like a beacon. "There it is! Let's go!" Misty said as she laughed and galloped through the grass. When they finally arrived, they headed straight into the brighthouse to prepare for battle. They brought some paper and craft supplies upstairs, so they could keep an eye on the unity crystals while they made a plan.

"We need all the help we can get, we should have the ponies of maretime bay help us defeat him." Sunny said, drawing a blob which represented them and the ponies of maretime bay. "No, we should do this alone, I know friendship is magic, but I don't want anypony getting hurt." Zip erased the blob, "and it might cause a panic." Hitch added. "LETS FIRE A GIANT PARTY CANON AT HIM!" Izzy yelled with a devious grin. "Maybe I could distract him with my (singsongy) amazing singing voice?" Pip said, taking a selfie with her phone.  "We should use the rainbow of light to defeat him, like we did with opaline!" Misty said. "How about we use the unity crystals?" Hitch added. Their voices clamored together with a bunch of suggestions. "Whoa whoa whoa! One at a time. All suggestions are valid, here are my thoughts on yours: we are not firing a giant party cannon at him, we are not singing, and if we bring the unity crystals he could take them, and banish us before we even notice." Sunny said, "zip, I think you're right, we don't want to cause a panic, and we don't want anypony getting hurt. Misty, I also think you're right, the rainbow of light is our only shot at defeating Bloodmoon glow." She added as Izzy drew a plan. "How about this?" Izzy held up the paper. "Izzy you're a genius! Distracting him with fake unity crystals could really work!" Sunny said with a smile. "Ok, we have a plan, now we just have to get everything set up. "Can I help?" Comet asked. "You should rest, we can handle it." Pip said reassuringly. "Oh... ok, that's fine." Comet replied, forcing a smile.

They started getting everything ready, Izzy went to bridlewood to get the fake crystals, and everyone else laid out their gear. Everyone except comet, who was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. 'Why don't they want my help? It feels like they don't want me to even be a keeper of the crystals.' He thought to himself as he rolled over. 'Bloodmoon would want my help...' he thought, 'ugh! Snap out of it! He's the bad guy, he tried to banish my friends!'  Comet couldn't stop thinking about when Bloodmoon begged him to stay, was comet really all he had? He lives in a castle! The only thing he wants is revenge, and power.

 When nighttime came around, sunny and her friends crawled into their beds, and fell fast asleep. They had been running around gathering supplies all day, and needed to rest for tomorrow, when they would attempt to defeat Bloodmoon glow.