Chapter ten: battle of the rainbows.

Sunny and her friends were on their way to the castle of the two sisters, to defeat Bloodmoon glow. Sunny thought back to their usual happy adventures... this was going to be different, she could feel it in her gut.

 Izzy wasn't making many jokes today, she may be silly, but she knew this was a serious battle.

 Zip was on high alert, looking around at every strange sound as they got closer to their destination. 

Pip, unusually, wasn't on her phone. She just stared at the leaf-littered forest floor beneath her hooves. Occasionally humming a lullaby Queen Haven sang to her and zip when they were foals.

Misty was scared. She knew the power of an alicorn, and she grew up alongside one who hadn't studied magic her whole life. But Bloodmoon had. She had to prepare for the fact that maybe not all of them would make it out of this alive... or maybe none of them would.

Hitch was scared that sparky might not have a father in a few hours. He was scared that the citizens of maretime bay might lose their sheriff. He was just scared of dying. Hitch walked silently alongside his friends, overthinking every bad outcome.

Sunny was more terrified than any of her friends. She barely survived her battle with opaline, what if she fails? "This way.." she said solemnly as they came to a fork in the road, and she pointed to the path on the right.

She kept repeating the same words over and over again in her head: 'I can do this.' And suddenly her mind silenced as a memory popped into her head; 'you can do this.' She heard her father's voice say. She couldn't remember exactly when she heard it, but it didn't matter. That was the one thing she needed to hear, and from her own father? That made it even more special, even if he wasn't here anymore.

In the castle of the two sisters, Comet and Bloodmoon were preparing for battle. Bloodmoon prepared all the scrolls of spells he needed, while Comet practiced his illusion magic.

A few minutes pass, they've finished preparing. Comet walked over to Bloodmoon, tears welling in his eyes. Bloodmoon looked at him concernedly. "I'm scared." Comet said, a tear rolling down his cheek as he looks up at Bloodmoon.

"I know this is... scary. There's a chance that.. that we won't live another day. But I'm here with you now, darling." Bloodmoon said, putting his hoof on Comets cheek. 

Another tear rolled down Comets cheek, and another, until they unsteadily streamed down his face. "I just found you, Bloodmoon... I can't- I-I can't lose you so soon. Please don't die.. please.."

"I won't. I can't promise it... but I can promise that I'll always be with you, even if you can't see me." Bloodmoon said as he pulled comet into a comforting embrace. Comets tears fell from his eyes, soaking into Bloodmoon's coat as he cried into his embrace.

It felt like time slowed down as sunny and her friends approached the doors of the castle. They cautiously entered the castle, looking around for any sign of Bloodmoon. Comet quickly composed himself as he heard their hoof steps approaching. Sunny felt her heart sink as she saw comet standing at Bloodmoon's side. "Comet...? What are you doing..?" She asked, heartbroken.

Comet didn't respond, looking away. "He's doing what's right." Bloodmoon said, raising his metallic wings to hide Comet. 

"This isn't Right. Comet, surely you aren't actually going to help him? Right..?" Sunny asked, hoping he would say what she so desperately wanted to hear.

Bloodmoon lowered his wings as comet stepped in front of him. "This is my choice.. not yours. I'm helping him do the right thing." Comet said, trying to assert himself.

"But we're your friends!" Zip said.

"Y-You are not my friends. You never let me help with anything- you called me naive! I may not know everything about friendship like you do, but I don't think that's what friends do." Comet said, feeling relieved to finally get it off his chest.