9: Go Lesbians

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Hermione spent the rest of the night trying to assure (Y/N) that it was really no big deal and that she genuinely enjoyed it ( which isn't a shocker ). But even a day later, her phone kept buzzing  from notifications, texts aftet texts from the latter, still apologizing. Hermione wasn't the patient type and she'd usually hate having to repeat herself, but her heart tendered, never hesitating to assure the junior that it was okay.

To assure that everything was okay between the two of them, Hermione arrived to school wearing a large varsity jacket that the jock had given her on the day of the incident. The cigarette-burn, clearly several sizes too large for the cheerleader, clashed terribly with her own aesthetic, but Hermione figured it'd be a small price to pay for her junior to feel assured.

Hermione opened her locker, grabbing her textbook for her upcoming class. She turned her head to the side, seeing the junior doing the same thing a few lockers away from her. She quickly looked away when (Y/N)'s head looked like it was about to turn in her direction.

(Y/N) gazed at the senior wearing her large varsity jacket, whose eyes were crinkled slightly as her lips held a small smile. 'She has a pretty smile' Thought the jock. But she looked away hastily when the latter's head faced her.

She has a pretty smile. Thought Hermione, looking at the jock who was ruffling her hair, wearing a subtle grin.

"You look like a child in that." stated Ginny bluntly, walking up to her best friend who was getting something from her locker.

"So, adorable?" replied Hermione with a shrug, trying to act cool so no one would notice how discreet she was being at stealing glances from her junior.

"Maybe (Y/N) and I would have different perspectives on adorable." snickered Ginny, laughing at the way the honey brown-eyes almost lit up at the mention of the jock, she looked at the ginger who was looking behind the latter.

"Hi," greeted someone suddenly from behind Hermione, making her nearly jump. But nonetheless, she turned around, trying to fight off her grin as she looked at the taller girl.

The jock's behavior in the cheerleader's presence was quite amusing. Her confident demeanor fading into one that made her babble nervously, rambling while her cheeks tinted pink.

And Miss Little Perfect's actions were unexpected. Her softened gaze paired with an uncontrollable need to fix her hair every two seconds, veering far from her natural collected character. Though of course, the jock was too busy tripping on herself to notice the effect that she had on the latter.

"Who's gonna tell them?" whispered Pansy to Ginny, the two looking at their friends who interacted quite awkwardly though it seemed to flow.

The duo failed to hold in their giggles at the sight of the mess that their friends were, a pure and adorable mess.

"Not me." snickered Ginny. The bell rang and both of them waited for their pair, but gave eachother an amused look when the jock and cheerleader seemed to not have heard it, still conversing shyly with one another.

"So, uh— oh shit." spoke (Y/N), looking over Hermione's shoulder, realising that the hallway was nearly empty. "Class."

"Oh shit." cursed Hermione, her eyes blowing slightly. How could Miss Little Perfect be late to anything?

Ten minutes into the lesson, the classroom door was pushed open, everybody looking over at Hermione as she stumbled into the classroom with a pant, clearly out of breath.

"This is the second time you are late this month, Miss Granger." the teacher snapped with an exasperated sigh, the other students snickering quietly.

"I know, Professor. I just—"

"My apologies, sir. She was helping me with my French assignment." interrupted (Y/N), stepping foot into the classroom, a sly smirk on her face whilst running a hand through her soft hair, ignoring the look of confusion that the cheerleader was giving her.

The teacher gave a sigh and gestured Hermione to take a seat, and (Y/N) stepped out of the classroom to go to hers.

The teacher was well aware that the jock didn't even take French in the first place.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-