20: Post Trauma

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

(

Y/N) didn't know how to feel during the car ride to her school. Pansy was driving and talking to her about her holiday, but the latter's voice quickly died when she realized that the jock's attention was wavering. She took note of how her eyes were fixed at a random spot on the floor, her eyebrows furrowed. Pansy was (Y/N)'s best friend, so she could read the jock like an open book.

She was familiar with this distressed look. So she blasted (Y/N)'s playlist on the speaker as she drove in silence, beginning to worry over her best friend.

...

(Y/N) sighed as she entered the school grounds. She had spent the entire car ride thinking about her girlfriend. She concluded that they were being immature and the silent treatment wasn't doing any of them good. But she was well aware of Hermione's petty demeanor, so she decided to be the bigger person and initiate the conversation.

That was only until she walked through the hallway only to find the cheerleader conversing with a jock. (Y/N) froze, her heart beat picking up. Surely Hermione wouldn't..

"I'm not here to hit on you! I'm just here to deliver a message from Harry." insisted Cormac McLaggen with his hands up in the air as a sign of defeat. "(Y/N) would cut off my head and use it as a football."

"Glad you know." Hermione laughed. She leaned back against her locker, hugging her textbook while wearing a soft smile at the mention of her girlfriend, she couldn't fight off the excitement.

The interaction was nothing. But it didn't seem that way in (Y/N)'s point of view. All she could see is Hermione laughing and smiling while some hunky jock conversed with her. And suddenly, breathing began to ask for more effort from her. This couldn't be happening... Hermione promised... Hermione wasn't like Katherine...

(Y/N) didn't attend any of her classes that day.

...

"(Y/N)!" the jock could hear the voice of Hermione from downstairs. She cursed at own self for handing the latter the keys to her house. She realised how messed up she probably looked and quickly rushed into her bed's bathroom upon hearing quick footsteps growing louder.

"I know you're in there." spoke Hermione as she entered the room, feeling bewildered when she heard the bathroom door lock. "Why are you hiding?" she questioned, walking over to the door.

(Y/N) grasped the front of her shirt, feeling her heartstrings being pulled. She couldn't possibly go out with the scars on her wrist reopened.. she plopped down on the floor, her back against the the door.

Hermione was genuinely confused. They had plenty of arguments and fights before, but the latter never acted this way. "Are you still upset about our argument? If so, I'm sorry, baby. I know that I was being too harsh and I said some messed up shit. I can't justify my actions."

She brought her hand to the door, wishing it would magically disappear. "I understand if you're still upset and want space." she went on, her tone soft and gentle.

"But I miss you, baby. I don't want space, I don't want time away. I want you right now."

Damn. She really had a way with words.

(Y/N) didn't budge. She couldn't even if she wanted to, she'd rather rot in the bathroom than come out with a bleeding wrist. Her ego was too big to show how sensitive she really was. After a few minutes of waiting for a response, Hermione sighed and turned around to take in the state of the room.

"When we get married and live together, you'll be sleeping on the sofa if you treat our bedroom like this." commented Hermione, hoping it would possibly pull the jock's heartstrings and make her come out or even just reply.

"Okay, if you're playing the long game..." concluded Hermione loudly enough for the latter to hear. (Y/N) had her fingers crossed that the cheerleader would just give up and leave.

But all she heard was the sound of a vacuum.

Was Hermione deadass going to clean her room just to pass by the time?

(Y/N) groaned. She didn't know how long she could possibly last. Especially with a grumbling stomach.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-