Where am I?

"What the? Where am I?" Ren looked around confused. He knew he wasn't at the school entrance anymore and nothing made that more clear, than the sky. With a bright white spot covering a major part of it, tendrils of light escaping in every direction from the lightsource. "What happened to the sky?" Ren's legs started shaking as fear overtook him. Suddenly being at an unknown location with an alien sky at night disturbed the young boy. Calm down Ren! You can see the three mountains, that means you are still in Younen. Wait... they are in the wrong order. I'm on the other side of the mountains! I'm going to get in so much trouble for this!

As he was getting hold of himself, he suddenly heard trampling footsteps getting closer and closer. A human-like shape stumbled through the intersection in front of Ren.
"Something was weird about them. It's almost like I saw a tail. Anyway, they are my only chance to find answers. But why did they run..."

Shortly after the human-like shape disappeared into the dark, a gigantic monster followed from the right. Ren immediately went pale white as his heart sunk to his stomach.
"What was that... That was too big to be anything..." If that human ran away from it, then it's definitely not friendly. I need to get home! As he started running away, he heard the monster's roar which was followed by an explosion-like rumble. From the monster's direction a huge dust cloud rose.
That person... I shouldn't go... I'm just gonna check what's up with them. And then I'll head home. Ren took a deep breath and ran towards the dust cloud.
When he got closer he saw something he couldn't believe. The monster was a giant turtle with spikes on its back and the person it was chasing was a girl with catlike features.
Just as Ren arrived the girl was on her back leaning on a telephone pole. She grabbed her knife and swigged towards the creature's leg. But the knife's blade broke on the turtle's hard skin. The monster was ready to stomp on the girl, and the excruciating pain of her injured leg made it impossible for her to dodge. Before the attack landed Ren threw a stone at the turtle. As the turtle turned around to look, Ren already regretted his decision a thousand times.

"Y-y-you! Leave her alone! You ugly tortoise!"

The girl looked at Ren with relief. "Hey kid! What's your power? Help me and we can defeat him together!"

"What are you saying? What power? Look, I am just distracting it, until you run." Said the boy as he already was walking backwards.

"I'm not gonna run! And you need to have a power or you can't be here."

"I don't know what you talking about! I'm just a kid!" Why the hell am I in this situation? I just want to go home.

"I don't have time for this! If you can't help, just run away!" The girl screamed at him, sending him away.
Afraid of dying, Ren couldn't do anything but run. He hid behind a house. But the sounds of battle kept him uneasy. He peeked from the corner of a house and saw the girl pressed against a wall by the turtle's tail.

Why didn't she run when she had a chance? And why am I still here?

By the time these thoughts crossed his mind he was already pulling the turtle's tail with all his might. He could barely wrap his arms around the thick appendage. The beast tossed Ren away with its tail like he was nothing. But this small window of time was enough for the girl to escape into the shadows. Furious by the disappearance of the girl, the turtle turned in the direction of Ren, but the boy was nowhere to be found. The girl dragged Ren into a dark alley. His body was frozen from fear and his clothes were torn from the attack. Her limping got worse as she sacrificed the health of her foot to get Ren to safety.

"Listen, if you don't have any power, then what were you trying to do? Are you suicidal or something?" Asked the cat-girl angrily while keeping her voice down.