Pull

Muscles tensed in his body as Ren woke up from a nightmare. He suddenly sat up to catch his breath, he looked to his left to find his birthday present on his nightstand. Presents, to be more precise. Whether these were there yesterday or have just been placed there by his mother was unclear. One present was clearly a book, and even before opening he knew it was about astronomy. And the other, which was a small box, he looked at it for a while trying to figure out what it was. But when nothing came to his mind, he finally opened it to find a brand new phone inside. Touch screen? It has internet and everything!

Ren audibly gasped. He left his room in his pj-s to thank his mother, but he stopped suddenly when he saw Maria on the couch packing a suitcase.

"What are you doing mom?"

"Something very important came up, and I have to leave immediately."

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't worry. I was up all night and cooked food that will last a week, but I'll only be away for a day... maybe two. I already told your brother."

"Mom if this is about yesterday... I'm sorry. I love you!"

"I know honey. I love you too. This is not about yesterday. Don't worry and don't do anything I wouldn't want you to do."

Maria kissed her son on the forehead. As she was leaving Lendo came out of his room and hugged her.

Ren, lost for words just stood there as her mother left. He glanced at his brother in disbelief.

"If mom says it's not your fault, stop worrying." Lendo said what only could be categorized as comforting. After all that happened this morning, Ren was weirded out by this the most.

Maria was driving out of the Village when her eyes focused on something in front of her to the right. She drove off the road, into some bushes. "This will be good enough for hiding." She covered the car with branches and even left the suitcase full of clothes in the car. "Now I have to hurry and run there." Maria entered the second reality and started running as fast as she could...to the beautiful city of Whitestone. It is a risky decision to leave the village, but I need to find out who this hooded one is! I have this incling that he's a man of precision. I doubdt he would make his move ahead of time, whetever that may be.

The school day started for the young boy. Niel and Sun were waiting for him at the entrance. Ren was surprised to see them but greeted them kindly.

"Hey guys! 'Sup?" Said Ren as he approached the boys.

"Ren, hey! About yesterday... there is a bit of a kurfuffle among the boys. We just came out here to prepare you." Sun greeted his friend with a nervous smile.

"Kurfuffle? What do you mean?" Asked Ren as opened the door. He peeked inside, but immediatelly jumped back as Ken was being held back by several classmates. "Let me go already! This is the last straw I'll kill Ren today! Look what happened to my hair after yesterday! It just stands in one like a rhinoceros horn!"

As Ren was backing away, he bumped into Niel, who held him under his arm.

"That's problem numero uno... but a lot of us have some questions about yesterday."

"Questions?" Ren was confused as for why the questions were directed at him.

While Ken was being held back, Ren and the others could sit down in the classroom to have a discussion.

Ren started nonchalantly taking books out of his bag, preparing for the first class. He looked up to see the whole class looking at him awaiting his attention.