Chapter XII: Five Champions

"Shit! He hit critical zero!" Sledge cried out as she looked at the wild boy.

"What is that?" Ren turned to her with a question.

"People who just got their powers are not considered full-fledged overhumans. They are on "level zero" where a surge of emotion can overpower the human mind and send you into a berserker rage." Sledge explained as he watched Ken squeeze Blitzes neck.

"Nice! Then he'll win!" Marco cheered his classmate on, who answered by growling at him, scaring the soul out of Marco.

"He might win you the round, but he is a mindless killer right now. He's not going to stop at killing us, he'll go after all of you too." Sledge was ready to go in and help her friend.

"That's not so different from his regular self!" Marco said jokingly. Ken looked at them with eyes that resembled a rabid animal more than a person.

"He really lost it! What are we going to do!?" Ren asked looking at Hook for an answer.

"Nothing. Blitz still got this!" Hook said confidently.

"Look at your friend's state! There is more blood outside of his body then inside!" Ren stood there confused by Hook's calmness.

"Perfect for his power!"

"What do you mean?"

"You saw how after the first hit from Ken, Blitz got way faster and kicked your friend around? That's his power! The more injured he is, the faster he gets! He calls this power Pump it!"

As Blitz hears that, he grins through the blood. "Yeah, it's time to activate it. My Pump it!" Blitz kicked Ken off of himself then disappeared. Ken landed and turned his attention to the next opponent he saw. Coincidentally that would be Ren. He lunged at him but before he could reach him, he was knocked back. Ken stood up and tried again, but he suffered the same fate again. Confused by the seemingly invisible foe he let out a roar, like a lion, then listened for signs of Blitz. Rustling in bushes, breaking branches anything that could point him to the enemy. The signal came in the form of a punch from his right. Then from his left, right again, and this repeated for dozens if not hundreds of times.
"Ken! Oh my god! How is he still standing?" Ginna moaned out of empathy.

"I think he already lost, right?" Terry said with tears in his eyes.

Luna's expression was of worry for his friend, but also of betrayal from her classmates because she felt like they lost fate in Ken. "Hey Ken!" Luna screamed at her friend. Ken's blank face turned to her for a second, listening to her words. "Who is the strongest?" Ken let out a devilish cackle at Luna's question. He took a deep breath and screamed. "MEEEEEEE!" Ken timed Blitzes next hit correctly and caught his opponent by the head and slammed him into the ground, shattering it under his skull. Blitz caught up blood as he bounced back from the cracked ground.

"He actually caught Blitz!"

"Unbelievable!"

Ken raised his arm. This time the same glow that surrounded his hair appeared around his fingers extending like a blade of flames. "That's new! We never seen him use it on his hand before." Luna was aghast at Ken's terrifying new technique.

Ken ready to strike down let out one final grin before attacking Blitz.
"Ken!" This time Ren shouted at him. Concern clouded his eyes as he looked at his friend's animalistic expression. "Spare him!" These words from Ren confused Ken. He stopped for a second, before fury took over his mind. Offended by Ren's words he stood up and started walking towards Ren. "WEAK!" Ken Growled at his classmate.

"Behind you Ken!" Luna shouted, but it was too late. Blitz stood up and with one heel kick to the back of Ken's head he knocked his opponent out.

Ken's face was firmly planted in the ground. Blitz took a step on Ken's head and walked nonchalantly to his friends. He spit out some blood then sat down next to Sledge.
"Call it." He said to Sledge, panting.