5.

The arguing continued downstairs. Thankfully, Mika couldn't hear anything since she rushed back to her soundproof room. That was until their fathers Damon's eldest brother Joseph spoke.

"Enough." He commanded.
Instantly, everyone in the room went quiet, so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"It's no one's fault we're unaware of her likes and dislikes now, so stop blaming each other." He spoke calmly.

"We could just ask her." Shannon suggested.

"Are you foolish? Do you really think she'll tell us?" Lucas said.

"He's right, especially after what she said the other night." Ander said.

This caused the adults and their cousins' ears to perk up.

"And what did she say the other night?" Dexter, their father's other brother, asked.

The siblings looked at each other, daring one of them to tell their family what she said.

"Ace and Ander, I asked you both a question, and I expect an answer." He spoke, referring to his twins who were the first born.

"Uncle, she said she was moving out when she turned sixteen." Ace answered this caused everyone at the table to sit up straight and some to gasp.

"What?" Shannon yelled.

"She can't move out she's too young?" Uncle Dexter questioned.

"And going where?" Damon said, fully concentrated.

"She didn't say she just said when she turns sixteen, she'll move out so we won't have to worry about her being a part of this family because she never was." Ace answered.

"I'm gonna go talk to her right now." Eva said, getting up only to be pulled back by her boyfriend Anthony.

"Sit back down." Randy said.

"I refuse to sit down and do nothing while you watch her slip away from this family, and you do nothing." She said.

"You will not come to this house and make demands. You being his girlfriend for a few months doesn't mean your family, your Anthony's girlfriend, nothing more." Randy said harshly.

"And none of you thought to inform me of this. Why?" Their uncle said.

"Well, we didn't think she was serious. I mean, she's just a kid." Liam answered and looked to his twin, expecting a nod of agreement which he gave.

Dexter looked at the other adultsat the table, and they both nodded at each other.

"I see. All of you meet me and your father in his office after dinner." She said.

At this statement, the sibilings, they all froze. They looked at each other with the same expression, dread.

"Mother, it really isn't a big deal she's probably just joking." Lucas tried to downplay the situation.

"Yea, she's just joking." Zade and Elijah said backing up their brother.

At this, their mother slowly looked up, putting her utensils down.
But before she could say anything, their uncle Randy spoke.

"Are you that clueless think about it? All of you, please just think about it she hasn't eaten dinner with any of us at this table. Ever since she was born, she said she was never a part of the family because she was never treated like it. Why would she all of a sudden start joking with you all of a sudden. She doesn't even talk to you any of you unless you talk to her first." He scolded them.

As he spoke, the realization washed over them. They had treated her poorly, and now they were losing her.

"So what are we gonna do? Because we can't just let her leave, she's too young she won't survive on her own." Eva pointed out.