20.

"Jason, where is she?" His eldest cousin Mariano asked, coming downstairs.

"She's upstairs in my room."

"Well, when are we going to meet her?" His other cousin Dwayne pressed obviously irritated.

"When she comes down."

"And when will that be?" Mariano braced back, resting his hands on the table in front of him.

"When she feels better." He answered in a duh tone.

"So you all called us here to meet her, and she doesn't even have the decency to show up." Mariano stated.

"She's in pain, you- ." "Jace." His eldest Zade brother placed a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"How do we know she's not faking it?" Dwayne asked.

"Why do you always think she's faking she's not your girlfriend she has no reason to fake anything." Jace rolled his eyes, annoyed by his audacity.

"Then why did you call the meeting if you knew she was in pain." Dwayne  pressed on the matter.

"It wasn't my idea, was it?" He asked rhetorically.

"Well, I suppose we'll meet her tomorrow." They both got up from their seats and left.

Jace took what Mika had asked him to get her up to his room.

"I made it so you don't have to worry." He handed her the food and tea.

"Thank you." She gave him a tight-lipped smile.

"What's wrong? Do you not like it?" He sounded flustered.

"It's not that." She shook her head cautiously.

"What is it?"

"Nothing." She faked a smile.

"Mika, please don't do this. Please don't act like you're ok in front of me. You can tell me when something is bothering you." He took her hand in his.

"Are you upset we aren't spending our birthday together?" She looked up at him.

"A little, but it's not my place to be." He caressed her hand with his thumb.

"I understand why you think it's not your place to be, but why are you upset about it now when you weren't before." She tilted her head in confusion.

"I just." He paused, looking down at her, then he looked away before continuing."I'm sorry for everything I ever did to you. Everything we ever did to you. I shouldn't be upset about it. I should go." He got up.

"You don't need to have a reason to be upset your human you're entitled to your feelings no matter what." She touched his face gently.

"Thanks, you should go eat if you want to take a shower or bath. Feel free to do so, I'll be downstairs." He hurriedly kissed her forehead before leaving.

"Okay." she whispered.

She hurriedly ate the food a few minutes later a maid appeared to collect the tray she went to take a bath.

When she finished, he still hadn't gotten back, so she laid down on the floor and drifted off to sleep.

She woke up a few minutes later to something wet touching her.

"Why would you sleep on the floor." The voice said angrily.

"I didn't want to take your bed." She responded, rubbing her eyes.

It was Jace he'd just gotten out of the shower. So that's what that wet stuff was. Water. Well, no shit.

"Remember one of my rules. What's mine is yours even if what's yours isn't mine." He laid her onto the bed gently.