9.

I reached for the phone,still feeling both their eyes on me practically burning into my skin.

"Good morning, young ones." She greeted them warmly, holding the phone to her ear, not wanting them to hear her conversation as it was none of their business.

"Hi Mika."

"Morning kid."

"Morning, Donny, we heard about what happened from Dean. Are you okay?"

Kayden asked.

"Aww, you're worried about me. You must love me more than life itself." I teased.

"This bitch"

"No. Have you been smoking?"

"Alright, imma head out."

These bitches.

"Straight to hell is where you can go." She retorted offended.

They chuckled before David asked again.

"No, but seriously, are you okay? Does it still hurt."

"Yeah, it does, but not as much as it did yesterday. But Dean." I called, and he hummed in response, alerting me that he was listening.

"Was the head mistress there when you took the boy to the office because whoever called my parents told them a false story about how I got injured." She asked.

"The deputy head mistress was there. And we all know how she is when it comes to doing her job." He stated.

"Especially when it comes to bullying." David added he'd know that better than anyone else.

"Don't worry, I'll report her to the headmistress." Dean reassured me.

"Oh no, it's alright. Mom and dad are going to take care of that today." She informed him.

"Wait, Kevin and Miranda are gonna be at school today? That's good. I have something to give you. I'll give it to them." Dean commented.

She called Kevin and Miranda her parents? Her brothers looked at each other, then back at her.

"You got me a-

Jace grabbed the phone from her hand, ripping two of her stitches in the process, putting it on speaker.

Elijah tried to signal him not to since he was trying to regain her trust and rebuild their relationship, but he wouldn't listen.

With the phone in his hand, he mouthed to Mika for her to continue talking, but she stayed quiet.

After repeating himself a second time, he lost it, ignoring his brother's attempt to calm him down he held it to his ear and spoke in a threatening manner.

"Listen here, you sons of bitches. This will be the first and last time you so much as breathe in her direction because if it isn't, I'll squeeze your neck so hard it'll pulverize your spine." And with that, he cut the call, throwing the phone on her bed.

It wasn't until he had finished that he'd realized what he had done.

Mika was ignoring the blood running down her arm, staring at him in utter disbelief Elijah by her side, applying pressure to the wound.