19.

"So, birthday tomorrow. Do you have any idea what you want as a present?" He tried to initiate a conversation with her.

"Yes."

"Really, what?" He asked.

"To never live to see another one again." She answered bluntly.

He stopped and looked at her he looked unamused.

"Now, why the hell would you say that?" He demanded her answer.

"Because it's the truth, and the truth hurts." She shrugged.

"That's not the truth. That's nonsense."

"It is the truth. Like it or not, I said what I said."

"Look, I know that you haven't had the best experience at life these past years, but why would you wish death on yourself?" He tried to sound concerned.

"Everyone else does it. Why are you surprised I learned from the best?" He looked appalled then angry.

"Who is everyone?" She opened her mouth to say something but closed it.

"You can tell me I'll handle it and don't leave out any names because I'll find out, and when I do, you won't like the outcome." He assured her.

~~~~~~

"Is there a reason why out of all the boxes you only opened on and left the rest?" Ander asked her.

"I only needed that one at the moment. I'll open the others tomorrow."

"Why wait? Is it because we're in the room?"

"Yes and no. No, I don't want you to see it. And yes, because it's none of your business, although part of me couldn't care less." She shrugged.

"Jason." She said before realizing what she had done.

"Yes, Nella."

"That was a mistake it just slipped out." She clarified he hummed and nodded.

"So what is it?" He asked his hands in his pockets.

"Nothing, it's not important." She shook her head.

"I don't care if it's important. If it's from you, I'd like to hear. What is it?" He pressed.

"It's nothing. Forget it."

"Miki, please just tell me I won't stop until you do." He pleaded.

"You know my room is gonna be open while they work on fixing the bathroom. Can I store these boxes in your room it's only for until my bathroom is done, so you'll have your space back in no time at all. By tomorrow, it'll be gone." She rambled on fidgeting with her fingers looking down.

He smiled softly.

"Oh, now I feel like I'm intruding." She said, taking his silence as him being uncomfortable and unsure with it.

"Miki, you can do whatever you want what mine is yours. Even if yours isn't mine." He assured her sweetly.

"Just until tomorrow comes." She sighed.

"Even after then."

"Ok, come on, let's get this to your room so we can go have lunch." Elijah picked up a box.

"Alright, yall have fun. I'm gonna head out." Lucas said, and liam nodded in agreement.

"Both of you get back here." Ace commanded.

"Just for that little getaway, stunt. You're gonna move all of her stuff by yourself, and if I find out you didn't, you'll wish you were the one nailed to the cross instead of Jesus." Zade threatened. God, I forgot how scary our eldest brother could be.