Living my life in Hell

I was sitting inside the car and Vijay was seated beside me. He was high on drugs. I was too tired so I slept after thinking a lot about my miserable fate.

I woke up with a jerk. I opened my eyes slowly. I was sleeping on a king sized bed. Yes, it's his bed and it's his bedroom.

I sat on the bed and looked around. I was wearing the same wedding saree and my jewels remained intact. They were untouched.

I noticed that Vijay was sleeping next to me, probably the effect of drugs.

I signed and started removing my jewels. I placed them on the table and entered into the washroom. The washroom was attached to a walk-in closet. My clothes were already arranged in the closet.

While taking a shower, my mind was pondering over the thoughts. I was thinking about my parents. I wanted to talk to them. I wanted to hear the voices. I wanted them to comfort me.

After taking a shower, I changed into comfortable clothes. This is what I wore.

I came out of the washroom and turned off the bathroom's light

To my utter shock, Vijay was sitting on the bed and was smoking cigarettes.

As soon as he saw me, his lips curved into a smile.

"Welcome, wifey. Did you sleep well?"

I broke the eye contact and looked at the floor.

"Yes.", I said and stood there like a statue.

"Sit down. Why are you standing?", he asked while smoking.

I chose the farthest place on the bed and sat there. I can sense that he's gawking at me.

I saw him taking a beer bottle from the shelf. I thought he was going to drink. But, I was amazed when he handed over the bottle to me.

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"What?", I murmured.

He wasn't able to hear properly. So, he bent down at my level and brought his ears near my lips. I slightly backed off.

"Repeat", he said.

"What should I do with this bottle?", I asked.

He turned his head and looked at me. He gave me a smile which faded away quickly as soon as his gaze fell on my cheeks.

He touched my cheek and he backed off when I hissed in pain.

"What's this? Who slapped you? The imprints of the hand are clearly visible.", he asked holding my shoulder.

I didn't know what to reply. Is he testing me? Doesn't he know that he was the one who slapped me, so many times, a few hours ago.

"Tell me.", he screamed.

I flinched when he screamed.

"It's you.", I was trembling.

"What? It's Impossible. I can never harm you. I'm here to protect you then how can I?", he said while cupping my cheeks.

I hissed in pain.

"Tell me, who did this? I can't see you in pain."

"It's you, Vijay. I'm telling you the truth. You went crazy after you sniffed some white powder. You slapped me continuously and banged my head on the table. Then...", I paused.

"Then?", he was curious and was feeling guilty after hearing what he did.

"Then, you molested me.", I paused.

He looked heartbroken. There was complete silence and he was processing everything which he heard.

"What did you say? I molested you?"

I nodded.

Suddenly, he started laughing like a maniac.

"Molest? Seriously? I'm your husband, Shrika. It doesn't count as molestation. I have full rights on you."

I was disgusted by his thoughts. How can I person be so cheap? Rape is a rape even if it's committed by a woman's husband. Why can't men get this inside their heads? Is a wife her husband's property after marriage? Doesn't she have her own rights?

I placed the bottle on the table and stood up from the bed. Before I could leave from there, he held my hand.

"Where are you going?", he asked.

"To the balcony. I'm feeling suffocated.", I said.

"Sit here. Pour this beer into the glass and serve it to me.", he said.

"What? No, I don't like the smell of alcohol. I cannot serve you this sinful beverage.", I said.

He gave a stern look.

"Is that so, baby? You should obey your husband. Got it? Now, pour it in the glass and give it to me.", he said.

With trembling hands, I poured it in the galss and gave it to him.

"Wanna have some?", he asked me.

Do I look like a drunkard? Why is he asking me?

I left that place and reached the balcony.

I can't believe he said that a husband can molest his wife. Will he touch me without my consent? If he did that, the next second I'll be dead. I will never endure the pain and live with him. I'll end my life.

Suddenly, an idea popped in my brain. What if I ask him to let me talk to my parents now? He's drunk and most probably, he'll say yes.

I rushed into the room and saw him drinking alcohol. He finished 3/4th of the bottle, already.

"Vijay?", I called him.

He looked at me with his intoxicated eyes.

"Dev for you. Don't call me, Vijay."

I nodded.

"Dev, will you let me speak to my parents? Please. I wanna hear their voice."

He looked at me without any emotions.

Target: 5 likes and 5 comments