Shock

"Please, dev. Let me talk to my parents. I promise I won't tell them that I'm with you. Please."

He lit up a cigarette and looked at me. He blew the smoke on my face. I coughed slightly due to his disgusting act.

"What will you say? You're Shrika and you're alive, is it?"

"What?"

"Yes, baby. You have been considered dead to the outside world. Still confused? I blew up your house and staged your death. Your final rites have already been conducted by your family, Shrika."

"No, what are you blabbering? This is too filmy. You cannot replace me with a corpse and make my parents believe that it was me who died."

"It might sound filmy to you. Remember, I'm an actor so yeah, it'll be filmy."

I went numb and sat down near the wardrobe.

"Fine, let me talk to my parents. Please, Dev. Ennaku en appa amma kita pesanum. Purinjiko."

He looked at me gulping the alcohol.

He gestured me to come near him and sit next to him.

"Seri, only on one condition. Tell me that you love me. Promise me that you'll be a good wife."

"What? No, Dev. I need some time to fall for you.", I said.

Falling for him, I would rather choose death than loving him. This was my mindvoice.

"Ok. Prove me that you'll fall for me by obeying your husband."

"Gulp this alcohol in the bottle.", he said.

I nodded my head as no.

"I feel nauseated and I'm not a drunkard."

His eyes filled with love changed into eyes filled with rage.

"So, you're telling me that I'm a drunkard and you're a pure woman, is it?"

"No, naan apdi sollala."

"Nee apdi tha sonna. Enna kudikaranu solrala."

He screamed as he threw the bottle on the floor which smashed into pieces.

I flinched and stood up from the bed.

"Enna d? Rombo thimira unnaku? Enna kudikaranu solriya?"

"Illa, nejama I didn't mean it."

"Oh really, apo nee kudichu prove Pannu nee apdi sollalanu."

"Are you insane? Edhuku ipdi torture panringa?"

He was standing infront of me. As soon as he heard my words, he pushed me towards the wall harshly and my back hit the wall.

He wrapped his hands around my neck. Just then, I started whimpering.

The bottle pieces which were lying on the floor penetrated into my feet when he pushed me towards the wall.

"Dev, my leg. It's hurting."

I started crying.

He didn't notice my pain and started speaking.

"Know your place, Shrika. Nee en wife and you should obey me. I'm your husband. Unnaku solli kuduthu valakulaya unga veetla husband solra pecha kekanumnu. Next time, if you disrespect me, I will not spare you."

He left me and moved towards the bed.

Due to unbearable pain, I wasn't able to stand on my feet. I sat down on the floor with a thud.

He didn't pay any heed and layed down on the bed. Due to the effect of alcohol, he dozed off, soon.

I was crying due to the unbearable pain. I felt as if someone was pricking my feet with needle.

I looked at my feet and there were so many cuts from which blood was oozing out.

I removed the glass peices and tried to stand up. All went in vain.

Without having much strength, I slept on the floor.