Courage

I slowly woke up from my sleep only to find me all alone in the room.
The AC was off and heaters were installed in the room.

I tried to recall what happened to me. I realised how I lost consciousness due to hypothermia. I looked up at the ceiling.

"Why God? Why didn't you fulfill my wish? I asked you for my death. Why didn't you grant me my wish? I would have been happy if I would have died. Again, I have to endure his torture.", I was sobbing while saying these words looking at the ceiling.

I slowly crawled out of the bed and neared the washroom. When I entered the washroom, I looked at my face.

It was completely pale as if I was dehydrated for a long time.

I quickly refreshed and came out of the bathroom. I tried opening the main door for the room. Luckily, it was open.

I walked out of the room only to find it, empty. I was very hungry. Where are the servants?

Should I go back inside the room? Or, should I try to escape?

No, what if he catches me? But, he's nowhere to be seen.

First, let's have food and then, try to escape.

I went into the kitchen and found chicken rice with butter masala.

Without even bothering about anything, I sat down in the kitchen and started munching on the food.

After finishing the food, I washed my hands and started searching for the main door of the house.

When I saw the main door of the house, I ran towards it and tried opening it. But it was of no use.

The door was locked from outside.

Then, I started searching for backdoors. But, there were none.

How can I even escape? God, please show me a way out. I beg you.

With no other option left, I sadly went back to my room. I sat there on the bed and started thinking how my life changed. I will kill him for making me go through hell.

I was cursing him under my breath and was praying for his death.

Two hours went by and suddenly, the door of my room opened.

I knew who it was. It was him, the one who ruined my life.

"Shrika?", his eyes softened as soon as he saw me sitting on the bed.

He rushed towards me and grabbed my cheeks.

"You're awake? Thank God.", he said as he kissed my forehead.

I removed his hands from my cheeks.

"Oh really? Why would you thank God? You should be sad cause I survived, Dev. Youw anted me to die, right? That's why, you left me to freeze to death. It's sad that I survived.", I said.

He sat infront of me and started talking. He held my hands.

"I'm sorry, I was under the influence of alcohol. I completely lost it. I'm sorry and I didn't know you are sensitive to cold temperatures.", he said pecking my hand.

"You know what I'm done. I'm done with this torture. Either leave me or kill me. I cannot endure all this. I'm tired of everything.", I said joining both my hands together.

"Hey, no no. Don't say that. I'll always make you feel happy. Sorry for whatever happened, two days ago."

"What? Two days? I was unconscious for two days?", I asked him.

"Yes.", he said.

I started crying thinking about my miserable life.

"Did you eat something?", he asked.

I didn't even bother to reply him. I wiped my tears and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?", he asked.

"I'm hungry, I need something to eat.", I said and heed towards the room's door.

Before I could open, he pushed me and walked first. Maybe, he doesn't want me to go first cause he's afraid about me escaping from here.

He held my hand and took me to the kitchen.

He started searching for food but it was not there cause I already finished the food.

"There was chicken rice, here. Don't know where it went. No problem, I'll cook something for you.", he said as he smiled looking at me.

He made me sit on the dining table. He started making something for me.

This is all my plan to run from here. As he was busy cooking, I slowly went near the kitchen's door and locked it from out. Then, I ran towards the main door of the house and opened it before.

I could hear him banging on the door like a mad man screaming, Shrika.

I opened the door and ran out of his house. There was a security guard standing at the gate.

"Who are you?", he asked.

I tried to be as calm as possible as I didn't want him to suspect anything.

"I was your boss's guest. I wanna leave please open the gate.", I said being as calm as possible.

"No, ma'am. Without boss permission, we cannot do anything.", he said.

"I'm in a hurry, sir. Your boss is sleeping right now and I had to go to office urgently. Please, open the gate.", I said.

"No, ma'am. Let boss wake up."

"Hey, you. Can't you understand? If I tend to miss this meeting, I'll ask your boss to sue you for not letting me out on time. Go and open the door."

He got afraid and opened the door.
I was happy. Before I could step out, a hand caught my hair.

Target: 15 likes and 5 comments