Chapter 1 - Vienna

"Have you told her yet?"
-
Vienna

Prince Tchalla and you are standing by the windows watching out on the people outside by the entrance of the U.N.

"At a special United Nations conference, 117 countries have come together to ratify the Sokovia Accords."

"Thank you for letting me come with, Tchalla." You tell him.

"Of course Y/N. Why wouldn't we bring you?" He asks and you shrug.

"I'd just assume you would bring Okoye, since she's the general, or atleast one of her best Doras." You say.

"Okoye also wanted you to come in her place. She might be strict on your training, but she knows how far you've come, even though she might not say it often. And you are one of her best Dora's." He tells you.

"Thank you, Tchalla." You smile to him.

"I'm gonna be honest, i was a little hesitant on bring you though." He tells you and your face falls as you look up at him.

"Why?" You ask carefully.

"Bringing you here, letting you see the world outside Wakanda to this extent.. i was a little worried that you might want to.. stay. To not want to come back to Wakanda." He tells you shyly.

You had been out of Wakanda, but never far or to anywhere out of the continent of Africa. That's why you were excited about being assigned to come with them.

"What? You think i would want this.. over Wakanda?" You ask him. He just shrugs in uncertainty, making you scoff in disbelief.

"This world is beautiful in many ways and has a lot to offer.." You start, watching as his face falls and he frowns looking down. "But it's nothing compared to Wakanda.. Wakanda is breathtaking. Not just the land and the city, but the people is incredible..." You continue to talk about everything you love about Wakanda.

He looks at you in awe, at how you talk about Wakanda and its people.

"But most importantly, you're in Wakanda.." You say but then realising how it might sound, well also how you meant it but you didn't plan on telling him that right now, maybe never, so you correct yourself immediately. "I mean.. you know, you guys are there. Shuri, Ba, Ramonda and Tchaka. My family." You correct shrugging.

He nods in understanding and you sigh with a smile and turn to look at the people around the room. He carefully takes your hand and gives it a small squeeze, making you look back at him.

He looks as if he's about to say something when you hear someone.

"Excuse me, Ms. Romanoff? These need your signature." You hear someone talking behind you, Tchalla turns toward it and then looks back to you.

With a nod in understanding from you, he walks toward Ms. Romanoff. You walk to the back, to get a good view of your surroundings, observing the room and the people. You stand too far away to hear Tchalla and Ms. Romanoff's conversation.

...

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." Tchalla says as he walks up to Ms. Romanoff.

"Oh, well, it's not always so flattering." She tells him.

"You seem to be doing alright so far. Considering you're last trip to Capitol Hill. I wouldn't think you'd be particularly comfortable in this company." He says.

"Well, I'm not."

"And that alone makes me glad you are here, Ms. Romanoff." He tells her.

"Why? You don't approve of all of this?" She asks him.