Chapter 5 - Suits

"You just had to keep the tail."

Shuri's lab

You go through the hall and meet Shuri by the entrance to her lab.

"My King." Shuri says, bowing mockingly and you chuckle.

"Stop it. Stop it." He tells her.

She laughs and they do their handshake. As Tchalla turns to walks Shuri turn to you and you give her a quick fist bump before she catches up with Tchalla. You walk behind them down the stairs.

"I've already sent a car ahead to Busan for you." She tells him. "Who are you taking with you to Korea?"

"Okoye and Y/N." He answers. And she whips her head up to you a little with a growing smile on her face. Then turn forward, giving her brother a look. "She's studied Korean." He then feels like adding under her sister's knowing gaze.

"Right. That's the reason." She says rolling her eyes. Glancing at you with a knowing look again.

But before you get to overthink it Tchalla speaks again, turning both your and Shuri's attention away from what she said.

"And you'll be on call, should we need backup." He tells her.

"Yes!" She whispers and turn to you and you high five. "I have great things to show you, brother. And you too Y/N." She gives you a little wink and you laugh.

You walk toward a table.

"Here are your communication devices for Korea. Unlimited range, also equipped with audio surveillance system." He closes the lid and takes them.

"Check there out." She then says and walks a little ahead of us. She hold something up. "Remote access Kimoyo beads. Updated to interface directly with my sand table."

"Ah. An what are these?" Tchalla asks gesturing toward something on the next table.

"The real question is, what are those!?" She exclaims and you try to hold back your giggle at Tchalla's shoes. "Why do you have your toes out in my lad?" Tchalla chuckles and put his foot up on a chair showing his sandals.

"What, you don't like my royal sandal? I wanted to go old school for my first day." He tells her.

"I bet the elders loved that." They chuckle and Shuri takes the foot-soles from the table and put them on the floor. "Try them on." She tells him and he does. "Fully automated. Like the old American movie Baba used to watch. And i made them completely sound absorbent."

As she said that Tchalla takes a few steps and as she said, no sound, and you raise your eyebrows impressed.

"Guess what i call them." She tells us and you just look at her, waiting. "Sneakers." She says and you scoff a laugh. But Shuri waits for Tchalla to react who just stares at her. "Because you.. never mind. Atleast someone finds me funny." She gestures to you trying not to laugh.

You shake your head with a smile still trying to not laugh at the dry joke. She chuckles at you and so does Tchalla.

"If you're going to take on Klaue, you'll need the best the design group has to offer. Exhibits A." She gestures to yours and Tchalla's suits.

"My design. And your first design for Y/N." He says.

"Old tech." She then says.

"Old?" He asks offended.

"Functional, but old. 'Hey, people are shooting at me. Wait, let me put on my helmet'." She jokes and you chuckle again. "And my first design for Y/N, yes old tech. Also helmet.." She shakes her head. "Now look at these." She says pointing to the three mannequins.