Chapter 2 - Coronation

"Show him who you are!"

You're standing on the boat with the royal family on your way to the river end.

Your ceremonial outfit is white and has a few red details in it to show that you associate with the Dora. But you don't belong to any of the tribes.

You have your own colour, white. Which is also the colour of mourning. And since you lost your parents, you're sort of always in symbolically mourning.

"Onward!" Okoye shouts in Xhosa and the Dora join. They activates the water extraction.

And the water stops flowing where the ceremony will be held. You walk down with Shuri and Ramonda.

...

You all cheer for Tchalla when he arrives.

"I, Zuri, son of Badu. Give to you, Prince Tchalla, the Black Panther." Your Ba says and you all cheer.

He gets down on his knees.

"The prince will now have the strength of the Black Panther stripped away."

You watch as Tchalla spasm slightly at the pain and you slight scrunch your face, glad you don't have to do that. Then he stands up.

"Praise the ancestors." Zuri says and everyone repeat.

"Victory in ritual combat comes by yield or death."

"If any Tribe wishes to put forth a warrior. I now offer a path to the throne."

A warrior shouts. And his tribe's people repeats.

"The Merchant Tribe, will not challenge today." They're elder annoyance.

Wkabi shouts and his tribe repeats.

"The Border Tribe, will not challenge today." They're elder say.

Nakia shouts and her tribe repeats.

"The River Tribe, will not challenge today." They're elder say.

"The Mining Tribe, will not challenge today." Their elder announce.

"Is there any member of royal blood who wishes to challenge for the throne?" Zuri then asks.

Shuri then slowly raised her hand and you and Raymond's whips your head to her with shoched expression and the people murmur.

"This corset is really uncomfortable, so could we all just wrap it up and go home?" She says and you sigh in relief rolling your eyes.

Ramonda pinches her arm.

"Ey! Mother!" She exclaims and you have to bite your lip to stop yourself from chuckling.

You look at Tchalla seeing him smiling at his sister in amusement.

Then men starts chanting and grunting in the distance.

Your heads whip to the sound and the Jabari comes out the cave.

"Are they Jabari?" Shuri asks her mother.

"Yes." Ramonda answers.

You watch them men chanting as one walks up to Tchalla.

"Mbaku, what are you doing here?" Your Ba aks him.

"It's challenge day." He answers.

He then walks to the side and address the people.

"We have watched and listened from the mountains! We have watched with disgust as your technological advancements have been overseen by a child!" He says walking closer.