Chapter 3 - Berlin

"Warmer than jail."
-
Berlin

You're sitting in a police car with Tchalla, Rogers and Wilson. Still in your suits.
(Let's just imagine they have them still on for my version of the story's sake, even though they clearly had opportunities to change, since they just flew 1700km from Bucharest to Berlin..)

"So, he likes cats. And you like dogs." Wilson says addresses you, but you just watch the scenery outside the car, trying to ignore him.

"Sam." Rogers tries to stop him.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat, and his girl like a dog with a freaking tail, you don't wanna know more?"

You turn your head further toward the window to hide the slight blush forming on your cheeks at him calling you Tchalla's girl. You frown slightly to yourself confused at the fact that Tchalla doesn't deny it, before shrugging it off as not wanting to talk at the moment.

"Your suits, it's vibranium?" Rogers then asks. You and T'Challa share a look before he decides to tell Rogers.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda fro generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father. I also wear the mantle of King. So, i ask you, as both warrior and king.. How long do you think you can keep you friend safe from me?" Rogers doesn't answer him. You look at Tchalla for a moment as he looks out the windows.

You take his hand and squeeze slightly, to make him look at you, but he ignores it, you can see he clanches his jaw and turn his face further away from you, though he doesn't remove his hand from yours. Instead he intertwines your fingers and squeezes it and doesn't let you go.

...

The car parks and Tchalla walk out first, then reaching his cuffed hands up to you, you take it and he helps you out. Rogers and Wilson right behind you.

You and Tchalla watch when you see Barnes in a cage, being brought away in a different direction. Rogers follows your line of sight before walking up to the people standing a bit further away, waiting for them.

"What's gonna happen to him?" He ask.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you." The man answers. "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." The girl says.

"What about a lawyer?" Rogers asks.

"Lawyer. That's funny." Ross says before gesturing to your suits. "We'll take you somewhere you can change." He then turns to a soldier. "See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt." He reassures you.

You watch as they walk past you with all the weapons, Captain America's shield, Falcon's wings and you and Tchalla's helmets, not that those are the weapons of your suits. That's why only you and Tchalla are still cuffed, until you can change out of your suits.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Wilson says as you all follows Ross and the woman with him.

...

"Are you okay?" Tchalla asks as you were taken into a room together to change. Tchalla has said he could wait until after you when they only gave you one room, after sending the two others somewhere else to change. But you just shrugged and told him to change there too, not thinking much of it, just to get done faster.

"Yeah, I'm okay i guess." You tell him with a small reassuring smile. "But more importantly, how are you holding up?" You ask him.

"I'm.. angry mostly." He sighs.