𝟙𝟘

Sleep had never come so easily to you as it did that fateful night.

After talking with Satoru for a couple of hours, you decided to hit the hay a little earlier than intended. Whatever magic Satoru had done on your body prevented you from feeling the immense aching of your lower back; too bad you could barely keep your eyes open long enough to show your thankfulness.

You smiled thinking back on your last conversation with Satoru. His light snores were easily heard down the hall and you'd hate to admit that it was those noises that lulled you to sleep in the first place.

His worry ran deeper than you originally interpreted and his insistence on spending the night with you almost made you kiss him right there on the spot. You had a feeling that your attraction for him was reciprocated, but to see how deeply he cared for you made the butterflies in your stomach flutter their wings in delight.

--

The moment your eyes closed you were transported down the tunnel of your dreams. You felt a deep churning within your gut, a familiar sign you normally felt when you were about to throw up. But the bubble that arose inside of your throat lay dormant just above its surface. The pressure you felt slowly began to feel constricting as if it was closing. Smaller. And Smaller. You couldn't breathe. And the moment you tried to take in your surroundings, you realized that the only thing surrounding you was darkness.

It was like an endless abyss. One that you had been walking inside of for what felt like hours. The constricting inside of your throat still felt as if it was closing, even though you were certain that it couldn't close anymore. The wave of dizziness inside of your head seemed to increase the further you walked down this dark path, growing impossible to the point where you questioned if there was even an end.

Was it possible that you were stuck here? Walking inside the depths of your mind for eternity?

The questions festering inside of your mind the moment you heard a noise. An unfamiliar one. The moment you entered the dark pits of your subconscious your senses were either completely taken away from you or increased tenfold.

Sight– Restricted.

Smell– Nonexistent.

You were about to feel everything but nothing at the same time. It was aggravating. Hell– you couldn't swallow the saliva that had gathered within your mouth due to that nauseating pit that grew in your throat.