Chapter 8

JENNIE

The car pulls up outside the club, and Jennie didn't wait for Hank to open her door. She gets out.

"You sure you want to go in there, Ma'am?"

"If I'm not back in ten minutes..." She says, as Hank interrupts her.

"I'll be with you, Ma'am. I also called for back-up. They are already in there. This place is shady."

Nodding at Hank, they walk up to the doorman and he eyes her up and down. He starts to protest at Hank's entrance, but Jennie made him slip the doorman a couple hundreds, and the man opens the door. It's times like these when the money does the talking.

The club is just as seedy as she'd imagine. There's hardly any light, the music is deafening, and it reeks of scents she's trying not to thinking about. Hank met with huge men in black suits. Their faces are already familiar, these are the back-up security her driver contacts in sticky situations. As she makes her way around the perimeter of the dance floor, Jennie sees a group of couches roped off in the back. Must be the VIP. Jennie gets a feeling in her chest that's the direction she needs to go in, and she walks over. A bouncer stops them, but again, her money is the only thing they hear, and he lifts the ropes to allow her entrance.

She takes two steps inside and sees her.

Lalisa is standing in the back and Dan is in front of her. Jennie saw his face in the pics her source sent over and it's definitely him. He's about as tall as Hank. He's got jet black hair and artificially tanned skin. He looks worse in person than he does in the pictures. Jennie wonders if he's using the product he's been dealing. Jennie looks through the fog of the club, and she sees his hand is gripping Lisa's chin. Lalisa looks at his face with terror in her eyes, and Jennie sees red.

"Hank." She coldly commanded and Hank understood.

Her body is in motion before she has any thoughts as to what is about to happen. She's over where the two are standing in half a second before she knows it. Jennie grabs Lalisa's arm and pull her while Hank pushed Dan backwards so they are behind him, her driver making sure Jennie was protected. But Lalisa's well-being is Jennie's only focus. As soon as Dan's hands are off Lisa, the Thai locks eyes with Jennie and to both of their surprise, Lisa starts to cry making Jennie's anger flare.

Jennie sees the tears flowing on Lisa's cheeks, and dries it with her fingers. Her instinct screams to protect the other woman from all the evil around her. She took Lisa's hands and clasped it with hers. She's there now, everything's going to be alright, she wants to reassure Lisa.

When Jennie turns to leave, she sees Dan being helped up by his own people, and he's eyeing her.

"You get away from my property, and we don't have a problem, bitch."

Jennie doesn't want to be in a fight with a drug dealer in his own club, so she tries to make peace. Getting themselves out there and Lalisa's safety are the only thing she's concerned about.

"I don't want no trouble, Mister. I'm a friend or hers and Lalisa wants to leave."

"Lisa, you tell this bitch you're mine, or you know the consequences."

Lisa turned her head and looks at Jennie with wide tearful eyes. Jennie understood immediately. Lalisa's silently pleading for Jennie to make this situation right, to fix what's broken.

"How much?" she asks, never looking away from Lalisa.

"A-a lot," Lisa whispers.

"I didn't say I wanted your money, stupid bitch. I want the girl," Dan says, and the CEO can see they are at an impasse. She's got all the money he needs, but he wants Lalisa. And he can only have her when he walks over Jennie's dead body to get Lisa.