Chapter 20

LISA

"I need to take a shower," Lisa announced trying to get up from the bed. When Jennie said she loved her she just froze up. The only other person to have said those words to her before is her sister, and it's only when Lily is trying to get something from her. Lisa is also terrified because she is not sure if Jennie is saying it just because she saw how shaken she was.

The Thai can see the hurt on Jennie's face when she doesn't acknowledge what the CEO said. Lisa wants to say it, because she feels it, she's just terrified of letting the words out of her mouth. Can you blame her for doubting it, can you fault her for being scared? Jennie can break her, she's the only person who can shatter Lisa irreparably.

"Just, just stay in bed until the doctor can have a look at you," Jennie says, placing a hand on her shoulder and trying to push her back down onto the bed. Using Jennie's sitting position to her advantage, Lisa shoves up harder causing Jennie to fall out of the bed she had to use her arm to steady herself off the floor. And with her back at the Thai, Lisa sees the gun Jennie has tucked in her pants, reminding Lisa that she really knows nothing about this woman. Or how dangerous Jennie could be.

When Jennie and two of her men burst into the room tonight it took Lisa a minute to realize who they were. How would she even expect Jennie to personally find her? The surge of adrenaline rushed out of her body only to be filled with utter relief when she saw Jennie. The look Jennie had on her face is one Lisa has never seen before. Deadly. Nothing like the woman she'd gotten to know during the months she was staying with the CEO. When she first saw Jennie, she thought the Korean's rage was directed at her.

Lisa thought Dan had already called and asked about money as exchange for her. That the CEO is pissed that Lisa let herself fall into this position and endanger herself and now will cause more money. She can't blame Jennie if ever. She was dumb for not staying away after Lily didn't come home that first night. Lisa should've gotten herself a hotel room or something until she knew it was safe. She probably should've reached out to Jennie, but she was scared.

Either way, she knows Jennie will never hurt her, and that was confirmed moments later when the CEO took her hand reassuringly, and embrace her so tight. With Jennie so close for the first time in months, Lisa couldn't stop the tears. In that moment it didn't matter why she was there, to save her or if she paid Dan for Lisa, she didn't care. She just wanted to burrow into Jennie's neck and stay in the CEO's arms forever.

Before today she would've never thought to see Jennie carrying a gun. But what does she really know about Jennie? Except that Lisa is in love with a woman that she knows nothing about.

When the CEO sees her eyes on the gun Jennie makes a motion to conceal it with her shirt. Lisa rolls her eyes at the other woman before making her way to the bathroom. Like covering it up will take away the fact that she saw it. But this moment is a reminder. Something Lisa needs to draw her back to reality. It's so easy to slip into the protective bubble Jennie likes to put around this penthouse. Jennie keeps Lisa there like her little pet, only showing the Thai a part of her. But that's the thing, Lisa doesn't want pieces of Jennie's life, she wants it all and she wants Jennie to want to give it all to her. To include Lisa in it.

"Damn it, Lis, just wait. You can take a shower after the doctor checks you over, she should be here any minute, she actually lives in the building."

Her heart warms at Jennie calling her Lis, but that's quickly washed away at the mention of some other woman she knows living in the building. She has no right to be jealous, because Jennie isn't hers, but it wreaks havoc inside Lisa, wrapping a fist around her heart. Dammit.

Lisa slams the bathroom door, clicking the lock into place, like a child throwing a temper tantrum. She should be thankful Jennie came for her after she left without so much as a word, but being back here with the CEO is fucking with her head.