Chapter 12

JENNIE

"Lalisa?" Jennie says as she walks through the penthouse. When she walks in the door the first thing she see is one of Lalisa's photograph of her and it makes the CEO smile. Her home never felt bare before but seeing Lisa's picture on her walls makes it a happy place to come to at the end of the day. Jennie wants every inch of her walls bathed in Lisa's art. The smile the photographs gave Jennie freezes on her face when she walks into the kitchen. She only sees one place setting, and it's on the breakfast bar, instead of two place settings together in the dining room where Lisa and her normally eat.

The Korean walks all over the penthouse looking for Lalisa and calling her name. She finally goes to the gym as a last option and finds the Thai on the treadmill. She's in tight yoga pants and a grey cropped shirt. Jennie's instantly turned on looking at the taller woman's sweaty body, and her mind thinks of all the things she wants to do to her.

"Hi. Are you not joining me for dinner?" Jennie asks, but the Thai doesn't look at her.

"No."

She's surprised by Lisa's tone. "Is everything all right?"

"Everything is fine, Ms. Kim," the taller woman spits the words, but still doesn't make eye contact. She stomps on the treadmill like it personally offended her, and Jennie has no idea what's happened.

"Why are you calling me that? What happened?" Her anxiety ratchets up, and she goes through her mind, trying to think of what's happened since the last time she saw Lisa.

Finally Lisa glares at her and answers. "Nothing. Everything is just peachy. Go eat your dinner, Miss Kim."

A rage comes over her and she can't take the Thai's attitude anymore, not when it's pushing her away. Jennie doesn't think about her control or the fact that this situation is out of her hands. She just reacts. She reaches around to the front of the machine and pull the emergency stop button.

For a second Jennie panics, thinking Lisa might fall, but the other woman rights herself and gets off the treadmill with ease of a ballerina, pushing past her with her shoulder.

"Lalisa, don't speak to me like that and don't walk away from me."

Lisa turns around before she exits the room and gives Jennie a look that would take a lesser person to their knees.

"Let me clear things with you, Jennie. I won't ever change for you, and I sure as hell won't apologize for being who I am. If I'm not good enough to be yours in public, then I'm not good enough to be yours at night when you're horny."

Jennie walks over to touch Lisa because the need to comfort the other girl is consuming her, but Lisa takes a step back.

"No! You don't get the privilege of touching me ever again." The Thai turns and walks out of the gym, and Jennie let out a frustrated sound, like she was about a second away from screaming but think better of it. What just happened?

Jennie follows her to the main bedroom and sees Lisa coming out of the walk-in closet, carrying a bag.

"What are you doing?" Jennie asks in a panic. Her stress levels are peaking and she doesn't know what to do. This can't be happening.

"Moving my stuff to the guest room. Don't worry, I'll be out of your hair just as soon as I find another job."

The CEO's panic spikes even higher and she's in motion. She rushes over and grab the bag out of Lisa's hands, throwing it on the ground. Without thinking, she wrap her arms around Lisa's waist and just to make sure the other woman can't go further, jumped at Lisa's back.

She has finally allowed herself to touch Lisa on her own accord, and she did it without thinking. Jennie's anxiety isn't grabbing ahold of her. Instead it feels natural to go to Lisa and stop her from leaving by any means necessary.