6. Their Choice

-Flashback-

Toga was laying down the grass relaxing as the sun was slowly setting. Just then young Zira appeared.

Young Zira: "It was my fault.... Your eye. I'm sorry master."

Toga looks at the girl.

Young Zira: "You told me to run. And I didn't."

Toga: "Huh? Ugh, keep looking at me like that. Then I'm gonne regret the fact that I risked my life to save your neck."

Young Zira felt sad, but Toga comforts her.

Toga: "Now come on. I didn't save your life just so you can look at me like that."

He then ruffles her hair.

Young Zira: "Master... why do vampires do that? Why do they try and hurt people?"

Toga: ".... Because they are pitiful beings who live only by instinct. And it is for that simple reason, why we hunt them. That's why hunters like the Kiryu family and I are exist. Zira, do you understand now?"

Young Zira: "Yes master... but."

Toga: "But what?"

Young Zira: "What if me and my brother...?"

Toga: "Let me guess you and your brother don't want to be vampire hunters."

Young Zira: "I'm not saying it's a bad thing! But.... I don't want to be used by someone or harm anyone..."

Toga: "I thought your brother was going to say this but I'm surprised your saying something you don't want to do."

Young Zira: "Master... I feel like there's is more for me... than being a vampire hunter."

Toga: "And what might that be?"

Young Zira: "I... I don't know... but I will look for it one day."

However, that day appeared when Zira's life changed in that snowy day. Toga Yagari and Kaien Cross soon heard the news at the hunter association that the Kiryu family were killed. All except Zira. Two months later, they received an anonyms letter saying that Zira was alive and was hiding at the ancestral home which was a secret hideout. Wasting no time, Toga and Kaien started searching for the girl for three days which they soon found it. But when they arrived and called Zira's name, something shocking happened.

Zira opened the door like a normal person. Toga wasted no time and rushed towards the girl and hugged her. To his surprise, Zira flinched and didn't hug him back. He then looks at her.

Toga: "Zira, where were you? We been looking for you and calling out your name!?"

Zira: "Um..."

Kaien: "Calm down Toga. She must have been shocked ever since the vampire attacked her and her family."

Zira: "Vam... pire....?"

Kaien: "Just check if she has any bite marks."

Toga: "I don't think that creature bit her which is surprising."

Zira was silent then whole time.

Toga: "What's the matter Zira? Cat caught your tongue."

Zira: ".... How do you know my name?"

Both the men were shocked hearing this.

Toga: "Zira... this... this isn't funny...!"