7. Rise of the Arcbloods

It was a lovely morning. Zira was walking at the school grounds; she was thinking about what her master said.

"We found her.... The vampire that killed your family."

Zira: (So this pureblood vampire is a woman... but did she attack my family? For reason...?)

That was when she suddenly remembered the silvered-haired boy.

Zira: "Ichi... ru..."

Zira shook her head and made a serious expression. She quickly ran towards the headmaster's office. "So Yuki. How is Zira now?" said Sayori as she asked Yuki a question.

Yuki: "Eh? What do you mean Sayori?"

Sayori: "I saw her hugging Mr. Yagari and smiling."

Yuki smiled at this warmly.

Yuki: (Looks like the master and student are together.)

Sayori: ".... What's with that expression?"

Yuki: "O-oh, nothing actually. I learnt that Zira was once a student of Mr. Yagari."

Sayori: "Really?"

Yuki: "Yup. Apparently, her family and the teacher were acquaintances."

Sayori: "I see."

That was when she suddenly saw Zira running. Confused why her adoptive sister was running, she decided to follow her.

Yuki: "I'll catch up with you later Yori. I need check on something!"

Sayori: "Eh, okay."

And so, Yuki ran after Zira. The silver haired girl soon arrived at the office; she then gently knocks the door.

Kaien: "Come in."

Zira slowly opens the door and sees the headmaster reading a book.

Zira: "Sorry to bother headmaster. But there is something I like to talk to you about."

Hearing this, the headmaster drops everything and starts to get cheery. Zira sweat dropped at this.

Kaien: "What is it dearie!? Are you finally decided to accept me as your dad!"

Zira: "No!"

Zira slightly closes the door while Kaien cries with fake tears. Yuki arrived just in time and began to listen to their conversation.

Zira: "The reason I came to see you is.... I would like to know more about my brother...."

Kaien looks at her with seriousness.

Kaien: "Your brother?"

Zira: "Ichiru was his name.... Ichiru Kiyru."

Kaien pushes his glasses up and then puts his hands on his chin.

Kaien: "What would you like to know about?"

Zira: ".... I would like to know... what happened to him? Cause in what I remembered I only saw two people who died... my... my parents."