IX

"Lagos!......."
"What are you going to do in Lagos" Wema asked her daughter why she's suddenly talking about going to Lagos

"What do they use to do in Lagos"

"That's what I'm asking you"

"Iye! I just want to go there and see if there's anything out there for me"

"That's a very stupid reason Osas "

"Ahhh maale I need to do this I can't stay here all my life" she shrugged

"What are you saying? Why all of a sudden you want to move to Lagos"

"It's an exciting adventure for me"

"Oh you mean you want to go there for sight seeing coz Lagos is now a zoo or museum "

"I just want to try new things. I feel stuck here, nothing is really working out for me"

"Can you even hear yourself...., did you think this through before you open your big mouth and start telling me nonsense."

"Yes I've thought about it"

"So why can't you answer this simple question, what you are going to do when you get to Lagos"

"I'll get a job, I hear they are many job opportunities for my skill and I can earn money and even send some home"

"My friend shut up. Do you think Lagos is now Canada that you want to be sending money home. Do you think it's just as easy as you say it. Have you not heard cases of how things are so hard in Lagos, that is even the people you left behind in the village to try new things that will be sending you money for upkeep "

"That's not going to be the case coz am going to work really hard. And it's not a permanent thing I'll be back before you know it"

"Oh so you just want to goan squander money"

"No nah!"

"Have you even thought about where you are going to stay when you get to Lagos"

"I'll stay with Ejiro or if worse come to worse I'll find a shared apartment "

"Osheyyy! Na you smart pass... your cousin that you barely talk to you want to go and stay with her"

"Mommy me and Ejiro don close oo, she be my Facebook friend nah so we chat all the time"

"Be fooling yourself, it's not like I can stop you, you are an adult."

"Mama it's not that big deal of a deal people travel from time to time. I go come back you no need to worry. Am not doing anything wrong "

"Of course I know you are up to something Osas. Abi no be you again "

Earlier that afternoon osas was going through her Instagram and came across a post from Ricky's account.

A guy was on his knee proposing to a lady at dinner.
Osas wouldn't care so much if it was coming from just anyone's account. She has learnt to pay extra attention to Ricky's posts since she stumbled on his account few days

The caption reads: Congratulations to my best friend and his babe. He finally popped the question and she said Yes. Can't wait for you to be part of the family . You guys are definitely Soulmates......

Osas read the caption over and over again.
The guy proposing had his back turned to the camera so only the lady's face was visible

She stay again and when she couldn't understand it she had to call Rona, the boy that assists them at the shop

"Rona come and check this thing for me."
He stopped what he was doing and moved closer to her

"What is it aunty Osas "