XVI

Wema called Osas the next day and she was very upset with the video that was trending online she called osas after a customer in the restaurant showed her what her daughter was up to in Lagos

"Have you now lost your mind Eh Osas...., is this what you went to do in Lagos"
Her mother yelled at her in Esan language

"Mommy is not like that, those people want to use my head they want to try and outsmart me"

"Sorry o madam I too sabi, if dem no gree you for Lagos why not just carry your bag and come back home"

"That is most likely what is going happen maale. Lagos is not as easy as I thought it would be..."

"Ohhh Ohhh! But you just had to see for yourself "

"I had to try "

"All you did was go on a stupid adventure and get yourself in unnecessary trouble. What if something bad had happened to you. Just be jumping about like a madwoman in the middle of the road "

"But am not a madwoman"

"I go dey talk you go dey attack me abi. Na your sense pass everybody own. "

"No vex Iye, I no go just dey on my own dey fight anyhow nah that mumu boy provoke me"

"Just mind yourself Osas, even people wey no know say you don commot for Warri go kan dey see you dey display madness up and down for phone "

"I don hear maale no vex, Ivie nko she don go school"

"Yes she don go, she sef don see your yeye video "

Osas rubbed her forehead.
This is the last thing she wants, this video is going to be a bigger problem for her than she wants

"Uncle mark say make we buy new black shoes for Ivie for that competition o. He say their school go provide brand new uniform for her to wear for the competition so we need to buy shoe "

"Oh okay"

"You know that fine container shoe wey we price for market e don cost o. Shey make I commot money from the prize money from the competition make I use am buy am"

"Ahh! No mommy we have already agreed that we are going to put it in Ivie's account we can't use it to buy the shoe"

"I know but the competition is just around the corner if I say I go gather money before then I might not get enough. Business dey really slow these days "

"Don't worry mommy I'm going to arrange the money and send it to you "

"Eh Ehn! Are you sure you know you are still managing you don't even have enough"

"Don't worry mommy I'll sort it out. I'll get my salary advance soon and I will send the money"

"Hmm! Okay!"

"Pls lemme know if there is anything you need "

"Alright then, be careful out there Osas I no wan hear say you just dey cause trouble I no send you message o"

"I don hear mommy "

She hung up and sighed heavily
This video is doing her greater harm than good

Look how fast it traveled to Warri
Even her daughter has seen it

While osas was feeling bad about the whole situation Ejiro walked in

"Osas can we talk"
Osas raised a brow

"Okay!" She answered grumpily

"Look I don't know what gave you the impression that I have been treating you badly on purpose. "
Osas chuckles and shook her head