XVIII

Osas got to to the station and the officer at the front desk showed her to the office where she met the landlady and her cousin with her roommates

"Oh welcome madam I hear you are the one we have been waiting for " the DPO said

"Good evening sir"

"So you are the mad woman that want to kill my daughter"
The landlady yelled at Osas pointing fingers at her

"Relax Alhaja! Calm down. You are in the police station now so let us handle it"
The DPO warned her

"So are you Osas?"

"Yes sir "

"Do you know this lady "

"Yes! She's my cousin's landlady "

"Omo oshi! She's just a squatter o I don't even know where she came from she's just causing trouble for me in my own house. Can you imagine"

"So you are not even a resident of that house"

"No!"

"How long have you been living there"

"For three weeks now"

"So! Why did you attack the girl."

Osas scoffs
"Who said I attacked anybody. I didn't attack her o"

"Then how did she land in the hospital "

"She fainted "

"We have eye witnesses that can confirm that you assaulted the young girl "

"Assaulted maybe but I did not attack her I only gave her back but she deserved because she pushed me first"

"So because she pushed you, you had to beat her till she fainted"

"No! Oga police that's not what happened "

"Look at these riff raff you think you have a right to be blabbing nonstop after what you did to my daughter, you endangered her life and left her with multiple injuries. Are you an animal coz you should be in the forest with wild animals "

"Shooo!! Oh you think you have done a great job as a mother"
Osas spoke back at her

"No naw! With the way your daughter turned out you think you deserve a clapping ovation. Tuah!! You should be ashamed of yourself"

The landlady got up and start making attempt to hit Osas, the other officer had to hold her back

"Madam! Stay calm pls you can't be doing all that here"

"Officer didn't you hear her run her mouth at me"

"Well your response to what she said is going to justify what she's saying so pls don't engage her. Lemme handle this"

The woman angrily takes her seat

"So Osas what did sidiqoh do to you "

"She threw money at me, called me a thief, insulted me, pushed me and then poured dirty fish water on me "

"And what led to this issue "

"I wanted to buy soap from her she said she doesn't have change so instead of giving me back my money she threw it at me so I picked the one she was holding, she grabbed me and tried to take it back"

"You did quite a number on her for something so trivial "

"I warned her countless times but she didn't listen "

"How much is the stupid money that you gave her that you want to kill my pikin. How much is your useless money. Is it by force to sell market for you"

"Ozoour!! Na why your pikin no get manners coz you no train am, your daughter don yama. How old is she that she feels she can just talk to anybody anyhow. As you no gree train am I go help you refix the bolt wey don loose for her head. Omo oshi iya oshi!!"