XXXIV

"Happy birthday to you....Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Efosa happy birthday to you" Ese shrieks and osas rolled her eyes

"Hip hip! Hip...."

"Hurray!" Osas mumbled to complete the phrase

"Haba! At least try to sound a bit excited, it's not easy to turn 27"
Osas pulled her pillow up and sat up so she could get a better angle with her phone

"Well I grew up too fast, that 27 nah just number"

"Oshey old woman, so what are your plans for today, do you have anything special planned "

"Nope I plan to sleep all morning but your call came in and broke their transmission, video call for that matter" she shook her head

"Get up jor! How can you be sleeping on your birthday, besides it's Sunday so get up get dressed and go to church, say one or two prayers, dance away your sorrows and merry"

"Morning mass don end already"

"There's second and third mass so what's your excuse, besides you can attend any church at all"

"Why can't I just stay at home and cook Sunday jollof, who says I have to go out to be happy "

"You can't confide yourself indoors forever, Efosa you are not getting any younger"

"Fantastic! Take the words straight out of my mother's mouth, assistant mommy. And oh! Don't forget to use yourself as an example "

Ese giggles "before nko! Anyways you know what I mean. You deserve to be happy osas. You've spent almost half your life chasing a fantasy and taking care of ivie, now that you know financially Ivie's future is secured you deserve to just take a moment and act your age again"

"What do people my age do with their time"

"Well they go out and have fun, they live their lives to the fullness, enjoy the youthfulness of their twenties and cast their nets wide open"

"You sound like we are not the same age"

"Actually I was born in May so am like 5 months older than you which makes me wiser"

"You're not serious" they both laughed
"How's your husband to be"

"Over the moon, he is counting down to December, that man cannot wait to marry me"

"He is the lucky one, you are a priceless jewel "

"That's what I say all the time, back to you madam we are not changing the topic. Where did I stop I believe I was saying something about casting your net"

"Well this net is wide open"

"Wide open for one person, if I didn't know better I'd say you are ridiculous but then again when it comes to matters of the heart I can't speak for anyone coz we all have it differently but one thing I do know is you've invested so much time on this so maybe it's time to let go"

"I agree!" Ese was surprised she said that
"I just need to do one more thing and this chapter will be closed for real this time"

"And what would that be..."
Before she could answer Ivie rushed in with an handwritten card and gave osas a big hug

"What's wrong with this one" she giggled
"Ese see what this girl is up to"

"This is for you" she hand out the card

"Awwwn! My sweet baby....thank you so much" she peeked her cheeks

"Oh ohhh! aunty Ese but I wanted to be the first person to wish her happy birthday " Ivie said to the camera