XXI

Osas finally made it to Helen's house the next morning, Raphael decided to personally drop her off before leaving for work. Since she was unable to leave yesterday and ended up spending the second night at his place.

He didn't want a repeat of the same cycle so he made sure she was out of his house before leaving for work

Helen was having breakfast at the terrace when osas showed up

"Ohhh! Finally! There she is., I thought you didn't want to come again "

"Good morning ma, I'm sorry I couldn't come yesterday. I was so tired I spent half the day sleeping"

"Ohhh! So how are you feeling now."

"Much better, Madam I want to sincerely appreciate you for your help, you barely even know me but you chose to give me your listening ears and help me get my life back in order. I don't even know how to thank you if not because of you I would still be in police cell alone and abandoned. Thank you so much ma for always coming through for me"

"It's alright Osas! You're welcome...... I just don't want you getting into any more trouble"

"I promise ma, I've learnt the hard way and I will try to stay calm in this Lagos "

"Good! So what is the plan now"

"Ahh madam I have to go back to Warri o, since my cousin has sent me packing I can't stay here "

"But we already spoke about this Osas, you are going to stay in Lagos until Ivie comes"

"Yes I know but what would I be doing in Lagos. I already lost my job and I have no place to stay so it the reasonable thing to do"

"Your job! What kind of work do you do?"

"Am a nail technician, I work with a saloon here on the island and it was actually going great until my boss fired me"

"And what did you do?"

"I missed a day at work and my encounter with the bus driver totally threw him off"

"Ohh wow! That's a lot"

"I know and am also aware that most of these is my fault and I really wish I didn't overstep "

"It's fine, I just like how real you are. You are not trying to fake what you are not like other girls do these days."

Osas giggled
This is unbelievable
She has won Mrs Erabor over

"Now don't get me wrong am not applauding your behavior, it is very inappropriate and unlady-like to always be getting involved in violent acts but then it just speaks about your personality and your reaction to real life situations. You are very bold and I like your authenticity "

Osas was grinning from ear to ear

"Thank you so much ma'am, I promise to tone down the rugged attitude"

"Good! Now here's why we are going to do, let's give Lagos another trial. You said Ivie will be here in less than two weeks"

"Yes ma!"

"So how about you come work for me at the shop and I'll pay you. If after two weeks you still feel like you want to go back home then it's fine....."

Osas gasped

"Wow! Mrs Erabor! Does this mean that you believe that Ivie is your granddaughter "

"Believe! maybe.... But nothing is certain until we get that DNA test done"

Osas nodded

"You are offering me a job so basically you definitely believe me...... "

"Huhhh!" She shrugged