XXXI

Everything was moving so fast after osas agreed to move to Lagos. Helen started making plans for their new home, she sent pictures of different apartments and the list of schools they narrowed down for Ivie.

It was fun at first but it became a bit overwhelming. Everything was so high classed and screaming wealth. Osas told Helen to make the decision and she will trust her judgement.

They had delayed their relocation to Lagos because of Ese's introduction. The ceremony took place two weeks later at Ese's father's house in Esan.

Osas had not gone back there in years even though she and Ese had managed to keep their friendship for so long. Osas felt responsible for some of the bad choices Ese made while they still live in close proximity and attended school together.

She got better at school and stopped causing trouble after osas dropped out. She was no longer getting suspended and reprimanded for creating a nuisance. Their gang of bullies pretty much scattered after Osas left.

And it made Ese more focused, she studied harder and aced her Waec exams in one sitting and then proceeded to get admission into the university. She studied Nursing in Ambrose Ali University Ekpoma graduated and then went for her NYSC. She finished and there's already a job waiting for her at the military hospital where she did her service.

To crown it all she met a great guy, they fell in love and now they are getting married. She managed to set the pace and follow the right order of things.

And she was able to achieve this because she became determined and the bad influence in her life got busy being a mom

Osas and her friends terrorized the school and she was their ring leader. Thank God life happened to her who knew what would have become of her if she didn't get a reality check at 15.

Their other friend Onome is nothing to right home about, she actually failed her own waec after repeating twice. The last they heard of her she was running a scam traveling agency that was  trafficking young girls for prostitution. The police are currently searching for her

If osas had not been pregnant with Ivie at that time who knows what would have happened, she probably would have dragged Ese down with her

While she was still selling fruits and Ese's dad was still supplying her, he would always hint how recklessness has consequences and people are supposed to know better

So Osas knew she was needed to do better and she wanted that kind of father figure for Ivie.

The night before they leave for Lagos, Osas finally had the talk with Ivie. They were in their room doing their final round of packing

"Should I take this or I should leave it" Ivie asked referring to her mermaid costume for Grade 6

"No! I doubt if that thing still fits, just leave it behind. Mama will dash it out to someone "

"What about the bike?"

"We can't take the bike along, at least not yet. We just brought it here let's not be in a hurry to take it besides it will take a lot of space"

"But what's the point of leaving, if I have to leave the things I like behind" she flared up

"Sweetie! This is a gradual process, I know it's sudden but for now let's focus on the things that are more relevant then we'll come back later for the other ones "

"Are you coming back?"

"Of course I am, we are not leaving forever we'll definitely come back, we'll be visiting from time to time. This is our home Ivie "