really amber freeman?

Tara was taken aback by the sight of Sam walking into the hospital room, a pleasant surprise that left her genuinely astounded. As Sam reached out and held her hand, expressing her desire to stay at the hospital by Tara's side, it was an offer that Tara wholeheartedly embraced. The longing to reconnect with her older sister was mutual between them, as both Tara and Sam eagerly sought the opportunity to catch up.

"Are you certain you want me to leave?" Amber, Tara's devoted girlfriend who had consistently supported her, inquired while leaning down to Tara's eye level on the hospital bed.

"Yes, I'm sure," Tara affirmed with a nod. "I trust her, Amber."

Amber let out a sigh. Truth be told, she had never been a fan of Sam. In fact, she harbored a deep resentment towards Sam for the pain she had caused her girlfriend though they were not yet a couple. However, Amber's primary concern was Tara's well-being, and she wanted nothing more than for Tara to sever ties with Sam, regardless of them being sisters.

"Want this back for the night?" Amber asked, grabbing the silver necklace Tara had given her on her 16th birthday. She hadn't taken it off since.

"No, please keep it," Tara smiled warmly, her eyes filled with affection. "For good luck."

Sam's gaze fixated on the necklace that Amber referenced, triggering a surge of familiarity. She instinctively crossed her arms, silently observing the tender interaction unfolding between her sister and Amber.

"You're my good luck,"Amber murmured, surprising Sam with a gentle kiss on Tara's forehead and then on her lips. The intimate display of affection caught Sam off guard, leaving her momentarily stunned "Stay safe," she added while walking away.

"I will," Tara replied weakly.

As Amber and Richie exited the room, leaving Sam alone with Tara, Sam took a seat on the bed beside her. "Amber Freeman, really?" she questioned, her tone tinged with disbelief.

Tara looked at Sam with a perplexed expression. "Yeah," she replied, uncertain of the underlying concern in Sam's voice.

"And you gave her Dad's necklace?" Sam inquired further, her tone marked with a mix of surprise and disapproval.

"It was mine to give, Sam," Tara responded, her voice gentle yet resolute. She shrugged, trying to convey that it was a personal choice she had made.

Sam's eyes narrowed as she probed further, her skepticism evident. "So, you two are dating?" she asked, her tone mirroring Sam's own lack of fondness for Amber. She had always viewed Amber as a bad influence on Tara.

Tara paused for a moment, gathering her thoughts. With a hint of hesitation, she answered, "Yeah, we are. And she means a lot to me, Sam. Please try to understand."

"I thought you liked Wes?" Sam expressed her confusion, her perception of Tara's romantic interests having been centered around Wes, who had harbored a noticeable crush on Tara for some time.

"That was five years ago," Tara replied, her gaze shifting downwards to her lap. "Things change, Sam. I've found love with Amber, and I don't want to hear judgments about her being a bad influence."

Sam's initial reaction was a mix of frustration and regret, realizing she had unintentionally let her disapproval overshadow her support for Tara's happiness. "I'm sorry... I love you," Sam admitted, her voice filled with sincerity. "I'll try my best to understand, even if I don't quite get it yet."