Cooking lesson's

Tara and Amber had been in a relationship for a year and a half. Throughout that time, Tara had taken on the responsibility of cooking for both of them, whether it was breakfast, lunch, or dinner. While Amber had limited cooking skills, her repertoire consisted mainly of cereal and noodles, and she struggled even with those basic dishes, often burning the water for the noodles and ruining the cereal.

Consequently, Amber relied on Tara's cooking expertise, leaving all the cooking duties to her. However, tonight Tara decided it was time to teach Amber how to cook, so she wouldn't have to rely on takeout while Tara was away on a trip to New York to visit her sister, Sam.

"I really don't understand why you're insisting on this," Amber grumbled as Tara dragged her into the kitchen. "Ordering takeout won't kill me for two weeks."

"I understand that, but it's important for your health, Amber," Tara replied, her tone firm.

Amber crossed her arms and looked skeptically at the ingredients. "I don't even know where to start."

Tara smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry, I'll guide you through it step by step. We'll start with something simple today, like a basic pasta dish. You'll see that cooking can be fun and rewarding."

Amber sighed and reluctantly agreed. "Fine, I'll give it a try. But don't expect me to become a master chef overnight."

Tara chuckled. "No pressure, Amber. We'll take it one recipe at a time. First, let's gather the ingredients and I'll show you how to boil pasta properly."

As they began working together, Tara patiently demonstrated each step, from boiling the water to adding the pasta and cooking it to perfection. She explained the importance of timing and how to test the pasta for doneness.

Amber watched intently, slowly gaining confidence as she followed Tara's instructions. She asked questions along the way, eager to learn and improve her skills.

Amber ended up burning the pasta, much to her frustration and disappointment. They both stared at the charred mess in the pot, realizing their dinner plans had gone up in smoke. Amber let out an exasperated sigh as Tara tried to stifle a laugh.

Tara nodded, acknowledging the mishap. It seemed like teaching Amber to cook would have to wait until she returned from her trip. They decided to order Chinese food instead and sat on the floor of their living room, enjoying their takeout meal. Tara made a mental note to resume their cooking lessons when she got back.

A/N- THIS IS SHORT BUT WHATEVER