Happy Birthday

Jenna glanced at the clock anxiously, her heart racing as she double-checked the recipe for the third time. Tonight was a special night - it was Mikey's 25th birthday, and Jenna wanted to make it perfect. She had spent hours preparing a delicious birthday dinner, but now doubts crept in.

As the minutes ticked by, the aroma of the overcooked meal filled the air, causing Jenna to panic. She had never been the best cook, and she feared she had ruined the surprise. Beads of sweat formed on her forehead as she scrambled around the kitchen, desperately trying to salvage what she could.

Just as Jenna was about to give up hope, she heard the front door open. Her heart skipped a beat as Mikey's voice echoed through the house, calling out her name. Jenna quickly wiped her hands on her apron and rushed to greet her girlfriend.

"Hey, babe!" Mikey smiled warmly, her eyes filled with love as she took in the sight of Jenna's flustered state. "Something smells amazing in here."

Jenna's cheeks flushed, and she bit her lip nervously. "Well, it was supposed to be amazing, but... I kinda messed up the dinner. I'm so sorry, Mikey. I wanted everything to be perfect for your birthday."

Mikey's expression softened as she walked towards Jenna, wrapping her arms around her. "Hey, it's okay. You don't have to apologize. We can always order takeout, and honestly, spending time with you is all I need."

Relief washed over Jenna as she realized that Mikey wasn't upset or disappointed. She felt a surge of gratitude for the understanding and love her girlfriend showered her with.

"You're the best, Mikey," Jenna whispered, tears of relief welling up in her eyes. "Thank you for being so understanding."

Mikey pressed a gentle kiss to Jenna's forehead, her voice filled with affection. "I love you, Jenna. No matter what happens, you're all I need."

With their plans for a fancy dinner dashed, the couple decided to make the most of the evening. They snuggled up on the couch, sharing a bottle of wine and ordering their favorite takeout. The aroma of the food filled the room, mingling with their laughter and playful banter.

As they settled into the cozy warmth of their shared space, Jenna couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over her. The flickering lights from the television danced across their faces as they indulged in their guilty pleasure - a cheesy romantic comedy.

With each passing moment, Jenna's worries faded into the background. The comfort of Mikey's presence and the love that radiated between them was more than enough to make the evening special.

As the night wore on, the couple found themselves wrapped in each other's arms, their bodies entwined and hearts full of love. They laughed, they teased, and they shared intimate moments that deepened their connection.

As the credits rolled, Jenna leaned her head against Mikey's shoulder, feeling content and grateful for the love they shared. In that moment, she realized that sometimes, the best moments in life were the ones that didn't go as planned.

"Hey, Mikey," Jenna murmured, her voice filled with affection. "Thank you for always being there for me, even when things go wrong. I'm so lucky to have you."

Mikey pressed a tender kiss to Jenna's temple, her voice filled with adoration. "And I'm lucky to have you, Jenna. You make every day brighter, even when the dinner is a little overcooked."

The evening stretched into the night as the couple cuddled on the couch, savoring each other's presence and basking in the warmth of their love. The unplanned birthday celebration turned out to be a reminder of the strength of their bond and the beauty of their connection.

With their bellies full from takeout and their hearts full of love, Jenna and Mikey slowly drifted off to sleep on the couch, still wrapped in each other's arms. They knew that no matter where life took them, as long as they had each other, every birthday would be filled with warmth, laughter, and endless love.

This sucks. But it's wife's birthday so I made it anyway