Chapter 3

Lindey pleaded whatever God that was out there she wouldn't be left alone with Rafe for more than five minutes, out of the fear of her embarrassing herself or worse, having to have a full conversation with him. Whatever God that was though didn't want to side with her today, because she had to drive halfway across the island, sit and wait for food, then drive back with just the two of them. She didn't actually mind it because of how fuzzy inside she felt whenever she saw him, she was in love with him, but she just could not have him.

"You avoid me," Rafe smirked, as he turned around in the driveway.

She watched as he palmed the wheel, everything moved in slow motion when it came to him.

"No, no, I'm not avoiding- I don't know what you mean-" Lindey stammered, causing Rafe to let out a small chuckle.

"We had two small conversations yesterday, I think this is the longest conversation we've had in at least eight months," He kept glancing at her.

"Oh well, gotta cut this one short then," She joked, making him laugh again, "I don't know, I'm not good at conversation. I mean we've known each other for- for so long, you should know that," She chuckled nervously.

"If it's about your sister and I, you know, we all know, we aren't actually dating, I won't even kiss her, trust me, it's a mutual decision," Rafe started, but Lindey just laughed.

"I don't know, maybe it is, I seriously- I don't know, maybe it's just because as a whole I'm just never around, I have no reason to be," She smiled.

"I miss hanging out with you, we used to go around causing trouble all the time, just the two of us, then-" Rafe was about to say the same thing Lindey interrupted with.

"Then, you were vowed to my sister," She let out a long held breath.

Rafe pulled up in The Wreck parking lot, Lindey mentally sighing in relief.

"Me and you, tomorrow, please, go fuck with the kids surfing class or something?" He looked at her, trying to study her face.

Lindey was good at hiding her emotions, that's one thing that she could applaud herself on, no one could ever read her. She finally caved, she wanted nothing MORE than to spend things with Rafe, but she didn't want to end up hurting herself in the process, because like she has told her sister, she knows she can't have him.

"Yea," She smiled, "Sure. I would actually really like that."

"Good, I'm glad, I miss you," He gave her a soft smile.

"You see me almost everyday," She let out a small laugh.

"Yeah but it's not just you and I, it's different when it's just you," He smiled and they both got out of the truck.

The eight other friends sat outside of the chateau in hammocks, on the benches, or in the grass having multiple tiny different conversations.

"What do you think Rafe and Lindey are doing right now?" JJ asked, sitting up in the hammock that him and Lynn were sharing.

"Oh Rafe, I love you so much, I want to marry you, I want to have your babies," Pope did his best Lindey impression.

"Oh Lindey, let's run away to Mexico and change our names and start a new life," Topper mocked, him and Pope grabbing each other's faces acting like they were making out, causing everyone to crack up.

"Y'all have high hopes, Lindey guards herself too much," Kiara let out a laugh.

"I agree, if anything she's freaking out because she's been alone with him for more than five minutes," Lynn sighs.