Chapter 5

Rafe stared at her, he knew her, because he was her. He wanted to kiss her, but he knew it would only make it worse. He hugged her though, all he does was hug her, but she didn't hug back.

"Why are you hugging me," She was frozen.

"Oh that idiot, HUG HIM BACK," Sarah yelled at the sight, almost banging on the glass, causing people to look at her, "Mind your business."

"I'm hugging you because you need it, Lindey," He put his chin on the top of her hug.

"I'm-"

"You're not fine, Lindey, let me in," He pulled away and looked her in the eyes.

She nodded and hugged him back.

"SHE DID IT!" Lynn yelled and they group inside saw Rafe and Lindey whip their heads towards the door.

"Yeah, great job Lynn, blew our cover," Pope laughed.

"Fuck you," She playfully pushed him and they all walked away from the window, Lynn walking outside.

"They were watching the entire time weren't they?" Rafe sighed.

"I'm afraid so," Lindey let out a small laugh.

"AYE RAFE, YOUR GIRLFRIENDS INSIDE WHATRE YOU DOING?" Someone yelled from the pool and he groaned loudly.

"I'm sorry," He sighed.

"You can't help it, your girlfriends inside, what're you doing," She smirked, walking away from him.

He ran his hands through his hair and watched her walk away. She never failed to blow him away with a snarky comment or just by existing, but he knew that he wanted her more than anyone else in the world.

"I saw you watching us," Lindey rolled her eyes, seeing her sister.

"Well, what did you want me to do?" Lynn laughed and Lindey just smiled.

"I would love to go home," Lindey sighed, "But we didn't drive here."

"We can force them to take us home, don't worry," Lynn smiled at her sister and walked over to Topper, who had not drank anything tonight as the DD.

"We wanna leave," Lynn smiled at him and he nodded, grabbing his keys out of his pocket and standing up.

"You leaving?" Rafe walked over to Lindey and she nodded.

"I run, you know that," She stared at him as his face fell, "I'm messing with you, I'm just tired."

"Right," He nodded, "Thank you."

"For?"

"Letting me in," He kissed her forehead and walked inside, their touch lingering.

"You ready to go?" Lynn came back out to Lindey and she nodded, walking out the front with her and Topper.

The drive home was silence, Lindey didn't feel like talking, she was tired, she had a lot of thinking. Lynn thought about JJ, the kiss he planted on her cheek when she left, and smiled to herself.

"Lindey, you look ill," Topper chuckled, and Lindey cracked a smile.

"Nah, just drained," She chuckled and unbuckled her seatbelt since they were pulling into the driveway, "Thanks Top."

"Of course," He smiled at her, and Lynn thanked him too then got out.

The two quietly walked inside to see that both of their dad was asleep on the couch. They walked up the stairs quietly and Lynn walked into her room, slowly. Lindey went into her room to change and take her makeup off and then walked into Lynn's room quietly.