Chapter 10

"Are you okay?" Lynn gave Lindey a concerned look, causing her to sigh, taking out her phone.

She handed her the phone with the text messages from earlier pulled up, and Lynn's jaw dropped. She read the three messages about four times before she gave the phone back to her sister, and she just hugged her.

"It get's worse," Lindey sighed, swallowing hard.

"What do you mean?"

"People at the port were whispering and staring at me," She sighed, practically choking back tears.

This was hard for Lindey to process, in a way she thought she deserved it, because in a way, these people were right to whisper about her and call her a whore. It was a tough situation they were in, but they couldn't really do anything about it right now, especially at this very moment.

"Are you okay?" Lynn sighed, rubbing her sisters shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah I am, I'm fine, it's just- it sucks," She let out a shaky breath.

"You can cry," Lynn gave her a soft smile but she shook her head no.

"No reason to cry over something stupid like this, to cry over a boy, to cry over being slut shamed, I'm fine," Lindey stood up quickly, walking over to the stairs, "I'm gonna go to bed, I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay, goodnight," Lynn sighed, watching Lindey run up the stairs, almost skipping a step.

Lynn sighed, and opened the cupcake box that was in the bag when she was getting a phone call.

"Hello?" She answered with a mouthful of cupcake.

"Don't let Lindey see her phone," She heard Rafe's voice on the other side of the phone.

"Well-" Lynn sighed, "A little too late for that."

"Fuck," He huffed, "Is she okay?"

"Honestly, no, but she's hiding it pretty fucking well," She sighed.

"Would me coming over to talk to her be too much?" His voice softened.

"Right now, yeah, she won't even have a full conversation with me," Lynn sighed, knowing he just wanted to help.

"Fuck, alright, bye," He hung up the phone before she could say goodbye but she just shrugged.

She knew that Rafe cared a whole hell of a lot about her sister, and she really appreciated that about him. If Lynn knew anything, it's that when it came to Lindey, he was able to control whatever emotions he had always spinning in his head. Lynn had ended up falling asleep by accident with the half eaten laying on her torso. In the morning, Lindey woke up, and walked downstairs, to the sight of the way Lynn fell asleep last night, causing her to laugh. She slowly put the cupcake back in the box, and put it in the fridge so Lynn could have it later, and started to quietly make breakfast.

"Yo, I let myself in," JJ pointed to the door with a grin, "With the key under the bear."

"Okay," Lindey nodded and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"You okay?" He asked, sitting at the kitchen island.

"Yup," She nodded, and he just raised his eyebrows in response, taking a piece of bacon.

"Good morning," Lynn appeared in the doorway of the kitchen and Lindey nodded at her.

"What's the white stuff you have on your shirt?" JJ gave her a look.

"Frosting from a cupcake- I swear I only ate half of it- but I guess-" Lynn started but Lindey interrupted her. 

"You fell asleep with it on you, the other half is in the fridge," Lindey put food on a plate for Lynn and put the empty skillet into the sink.