A New Friend?

Taking a stroll in Salem, Massechutes was a pleasant activity for Amber. It was a new scene besides Gotham's gloomy and depressing aura.

As Amber continued her walk she passed by a store that strangely seemed to catch her attention.

Looking up at the sign she saw it was a coffee shop. Curious as to why the store caught her attention Amber entered the store. Looking around she didn't seem to find anything in particular.

Other than a gray slated haired man sitting at a table with a drink staring absently at a locket in his hand.

Not understanding why she had a pull to this shop Amber turned on her heel to leave.

However, there was something inside of her that was telling her to stay.

'Well, I guess staying wouldn't do any harm.'

Approaching the counter to order Amber gazed at the menu.

Having not been the type of person to drink coffee Amber was a little lost on what to order. When she was about to pick a random item she was interrupted by a voice.

"I would recommend the shop's special. It has just the right amount of sweetness and pucker power."

Gazing to her side she saw the grey-salted-haired man standing beside her, gazing up at the menu. The man then turned to look at Amber giving her a kind smile.

"Apologies, I saw you from over there. It looked like you were having a bit of trouble picking." Amber only nodded in response.

Peeking up at the menu once more Amber decided to take the old man's advice and order the shop's specialty.

Upon getting her drink Amber was surprised to see that the man was right.

'Hmm, he was right. Just the right amount of sweetness with a bit of pucker power.'

Turning to the man she expressed her thanks. "Thank you for the recommendation. You were right about the drink."

He let out a laugh at her response. "Hahaha. It's no problem, it's always lovely to help a young soul out."

A realization seemed to dawn on the man as he brought his hand in greeting.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kent Nelson."

Taking his hand Amber gave hers, "Sarah Good."

Nelson then invited Amber to join him at his table and Amber decided to take up the offer. They lightly shared conversations while drinking their coffee. In their conversations, Amber got to learn a lot about the man and his spitfire who had passed long ago. She had even learned that despite the man's looks he was well over a hundred years old.

Amber wasn't too surprised at the news after all appearances can be deceiving. Despite only looking fifteen Amber was technically twenty-three years old. It helped that Hydra had put her in a cryogenic freezing capsule, slowing her age progressively.

And through all of their conversations, Amber had found herself relaxing in the man's presence. It was a strange feeling as though Amber was home again with Tony, Pepper, and the others. It was a feeling Amber didn't know she was missing.

From there on Amber had decided to come to the shop every two weeks. And from there she would meet Nelson to join with a cup of coffee. And during every visit, Amber felt a speck of home.

_____________________________________________________________

Amber was on her way to the coffee shop when she heard a scream from nearby. From the sound, Amber could tell that it was a woman who was screaming for help. Keeping to the shadows Amber went to take a look.