Adapt & Overcome

The Team watched as Batman, Superman, and a few other Justice League members got killed in a matter of moments.

An incoming call came as Zatara popped up on the screen.

"Tornado, did you–"

"Yes, Zatara, we saw. Celestial defenses have failed. Initiate all terrestrial measures."

"Affirmative. See you in the field." The call ended as Tornado turned to face them.

"I must join the League. We will protect the planet at all costs. But should we fail, the responsibility falls to you."

"We stand ready."

___________________________________________________

The group watched the multiple holo screens as chaos arose. One by one the Justice League members evaporated to dust.

"We are Earth's heroes now."

"So, what are we waiting for, a theme song?" Everyone turned to look at Aqualad.

"A strategy. Earth's weapons are ineffective. And it has been made tragically clear, a direct attack will not succeed."

"Checking satellite imagery."

A holo map popped up showing multiple spots of red.

"Here's where the aliens are now."

Connor then pointed to a spot on the map, "This one get lost?"

"It's Superman's Fortress of Solitude!"

"Superman has a Fortress of Solitude?"

"Its powersource must have attracted the aliens' attention, at least enough to send a scout ship to investigate."

"Must be some Fortress."

"Connor." M'gann called out. "No, it's okay. I guess there's a lot about Superman I'll never know. Uh, you know, now."

"We will target this lone ship."

"Yeah, break it down, build more! Hit those ugly aliens with their own mojo. Ow!" Artemis and Amber both hit Wally.

"Martian and Kryptonian in the house."

"Uh, heh-heh, not that all aliens are automatically ugly."

_____________________________________________________________

Everyone got into position and got ready to attack the lone scouting ship.

Amber's suit had changed colors from all black to all white to blend in with the snow.

M'gann tore out a piece of the ship letting it fall to the ground.

"Communication disabled. Propulsion disabled."

Artemis and Amber then aimed at the center of the alien ship firing away at it.

"And ETs are sealed inside."

Aqulad jumped out from under the ice and jumped onto the ship. Wolf took a hold of the blaster preventing it from hitting Aqualad and Superboy came to help.

Robin and Flash then arrived as Robin worked to identify the ship.

"Identifying weapon's structural stress points and links to the ship. Here, here, and here."

M'gann used her powers to destroy each part, disconnecting it as Superboy began to pull it off. A beeping sounded as Wolf pushed Superboy away and was shot at by a laser, evaporating him.

"Wolf!" Connor shouted

"There was no indication of feedback. I'm sorry."

"Can't do anything for him now."