13

1/13/24 .. SPORTS DAY AT HANLIM HIGH SCHOOL.

gyuvin looked at the board and huffed, gripping onto his duffel bag as he walked straight into the gym for registration.

" kang taehyun.. kim dangyeol... kim gyuvin?" the teacher called out his name on the register just as the said boy entered the gym, "here miss." she looked up at him and nodded, signalling him to have a seat.

he sat down on the floor, crossing his legs as he waited for all the names to be called, then when they were finally done, he stood up and headed to the changing rooms.

"yo, you're gyuvin right?" he turned around, isnt this mark lee? gyuvin turned his head to the person next to mark, and lee haechan. "yep, i am. whats up?" he asked, putting on his pe shirt.

the two looked at eachother with a goofy smile before turning back to gyuvin, "ricky like literally is down bad for you." haechan said, grinning as if he said the proudest words ever.

gyuvin's heart beated, really fast. "oh.. um thanks." he gave them a small smile and quickly turned back to his clothes, shit, shen. you're gonna be the death of me.

once he finished, he put on his trainers and went out to the field, where he saw every class of grade 11 outside sitting according to their respective classrooms.

he went to his classmates and sat down next to hanbin, "hyung, are we starting?" the older boy nodded at him and pointed his finger at the head of grade 11, mr. lee.

"welcome, grade 11 to sports day! we hope that you had all the rest you needed for this fun day. anyways, to get us started. we will now require 11T and 11S to come to the volleyball court and ready yourselves up because you guys are first!" as the people that got called up groaned and stood up, gyuvin watched intently as he saw ricky stand up as well to head to the volleyball court.

i stood at the other side of the court, i have played volleyball since age 5, but i did stop after i turned 10. i should win this.

"and we have shen ricky, player number 6! give it up for 11T's volleyball team!" the annoyingly annoying mr kang announced, making me roll my eyes and take a swift look at gyuvin.

turns out, he was already staring at me. i smirk a little and winked, taking position and getting ready for the game.

"and, the game is on!"

it starts off with in the first round, we played a short volley to decide who will serve first in the first round, with us winning obviously.

it was a tense game, with me starting off the first round with a serve, the ball barely getting through the other side of the net. i tensed. shit, i'm not going to embarrass myself on the first serve, right? thank goodness i didnt. it passed the net just right and the people from the other side passed it on. my friend, lee juyeon got onto the ball just in time to pass it back to the other side.

surprisingly, the rally went on pretty smoothly. not one single throw being missed or passed out of court, which was surprising as 11S was usually known for their shitty players every year at sports day, maybe this class was different.

it was going well until the one person in 11S, i think his name was seunghan? failed to catch the ball and missed the hit. our team cheered in victory as the whistle blew and announced one point for 11T.

i looked over to gyuvin, searching for a specific doe-eyed boy with brown hair. there he was, cheering and waving at me.

"ricky hyung! you did so good!" i rolled my eyes playfully, "it's only just the first round, chill." the younger boy smiled at me and patted my shoulder, "ill be cheering for you, ricky."

hearing that made my insides feel warm and fuzzy.

it was the last round, 19-20. 11T's team was one point away from winning the game, although it felt like hours , it was only a short 30-minute game.

ah, shit. no ones doing bad or poorly. what the fuck. ricky panicked as the ball was going at his direction, luckily he caught it and passed it to the other side.

cmon... one more.. the ball was hit on their side again, ricky practically pounced on the ball; trying to make it go the other side, please please please.. as the ball went the other side, taehyun tried to catch it and send it back, but no luck. it went over his head and out of the court, signalling that 11T has officially won the match.

loud cheers erupted from the crowd watching them, ricky quickly turned his head to gyuvin, seeing the boy clap in excitement and cheering for him, and only him.

this cutie.. the boy grinned to himself, then joining the rest of his team to celebrate their victory.

jeonghyeon wasn't dumb, he saw how gyuvin looked at the chinese boy like he was his whole world. at least he's happy... the boy bit his lip and turned his head away, joining his friends for a conversation before the football match began.

gyuvin giggled when ricky came to sit down next to him, "you're not supposed to be here." the younger exclaimed, although wanting ricky to stay next to him anyway.

"we both know you want me to sit next to you, don't lie." ricky rolled his eyes and took a sip of water from his water bottle. gyuvin was about to say that it was actually his bottle, but didn't really manage to say it to ricky's face.

" can 11F and 11Y come to the field please!" mr kang called the two classes up, gyuvin gave a look to ricky and he smiled, nodding his head towards the field.

the boy stood up, and ran to the field.

im sorry its a short chapter, i swear i'll include everything in chap 14😞😞💔

i miss you. | gyurickyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें