SEVEN. *

I walked down my steps to meet her at the landing between the first and third floors. I was begging my body to behave because we hadn't quite sorted out why she was there. I mean, I knew why I thought she was there, but she had to actually make it to my apartment first before that could happen. She seemed out of breath, which was weird because she is in decent shape. "Seriously, Tate."

"Can you not call me that when we aren't at work," she asked me, and she was serious. I agreed and held the door open for her, but she just stood there and peered inside the apartment like she was trying to decide if she was going to come in or not. "You gonna come all the way inside or just stand in the doorway?"

"Still trying to decide," she said, so I gave her a little push and closed the door behind me, locking it. She was nervous, like I'd only seen her a few times in all the time I'd known her.

"Listen, I don't care what we do. I'm just glad you didn't go with Texas... I mean Austin. He has a reputation for being rough with girls." I told her, once again.

"Texas?"

"Nickname in the frat."

"It's so strange to think of you in a fraternity." Tell me about it. I explained that I was a legacy, so I went into the frat thing not knowing what I was getting myself into. Now, there were some very good people I met, but there were some real dickheads, too. Like Texas.

She then offered some insight into her and Benji. "The dorms shutting down is actually how Benji talked me into dating him..." I don't believe for a second that anyone talks her into doing something she doesn't already want to do. "I moved in with him that spring and he basically wore me down." There was a long pause as she obviously contemplated her next move.

"Anyways. Where were we?" she asked me. An in. Was she giving me an in? It felt like a trick question. Like I had two choices for an answer and I needed to give the right one to move this into the bedroom with her. So, I stood at a respectable distance, at first, before I started to move towards her.

"I like your hair. I didn't have a chance to tell you that at the bar," I said, inching closer.

"Thanks, but you're stalling. What are we doing, Harris?" What were we doing?

"My offer still stands," I said as I got closer until her breathing, once again, picked up. Her body was really good at telling me what her words did not. "There are no expectations here. It's completely up to you where this night goes." I squeezed her hips and her hands rested on my chest. "And if that itch still needs scratching, I'm happy to scratch it for you."

"But we have to work together and it will get complicated." I leaned forward and teased my lips over her neck, which momentarily distracted her. "Harris."

"Atty." I replied. I made my intentions known by pulling her body close enough to mine to feel me through the layers of fabric between us, but I stopped there. I made her kiss me first. That would tell me she was into it, and once she did, I started to move us back towards the bedroom, intensifying our kiss with each step we took towards my room.

I untucked her shirt, smelling the scent of the bar as I lifted it up over her head. Then, I moved my fingers to the button fly on her jeans, slowly popping each button to expose a cute pair of lacy underwear that matched the bra I'd seen peeping out from under the t-shirt. I teased my fingers under the matching scalloped edge of her underwear until she reached out for me.

Her hands cautiously moved to the waistband of my sweatpants and tugged them down my legs. I did the same to her, helping her step out of her tight jeans. Once we were standing in front of one another, in only our underwear, I took her in my arms and turned her around. I pulled her back flush against my body. I cupped her breast with one hand and dove into her underwear with the other.  "I believe you said before that you prefer non-missionary. Is that right?" She nodded while moaning.